[iniScene] - KLAX Los Angeles International Airport

Based on my experience with KLAX and EGLL (after recent update) iniBuilds has moved towards the top of my list for 3rd party airports. For such large/detailed airports performance is impressive (5800x3d/6900xt)

They also have great support and useful/active forums. I will only buy direct or through orbx these days anyway to avoid Marketplace delays and encryption. I had some problems caused by not deleting the Asobo LAX. I hadn’t even thought about that until I raised an issue in their forums.

Hoping someone is working on a GSX profile for LAX :crossed_fingers:

There is no need for DLSS on a 3090, you’re doing yourself a disservice. TAA.

4 Likes

Have you reached out to them? I’d be surprised if they didn’t provide the MP with the update and it is waiting in a queue.

@SuperSixBravo and you don’t have blurry displays in Fenix with DLSS enabled? I had to go back to TAA because of that.

Correct, DLSS on “Quality” is basically TAA with your resolution scaling down to 66% which is why it’s blurred. You can test this by setting it to TAA and then bringing your resolution scaling down to 65%.

You’ll get the same FPS, and the blurred cockpit.

DLSS Quality = 66%
Balanced = 50%
Performance = 40%
Ultra Performance - 25%

Those percentages are the resolution scaling, the more “optimized” the DLSS, the lower your resolution scaling.

Yes, still awaiting a response. I know obviously I shouldn’t have used the marketplace. But even so I think it should’ve been updated by now really.

Terrible performance in VR vs default Asobo KLAX.
I’ve expected that though…oh well I’m sure IniBuilds will refine and optimize it more in the future.

1 Like

I think there is a FPS hit for me, but it’s small and tolerable. What I can’t get to work – either here or at Heathrow – is the VDGS system. I have the nool folder installed, and everything seems fine, but I never see the VDGS. I also don’t see it at Queensland, for that matter. I think there must be a conflict, or maybe GSX is messing with it, or maybe I need to be running MSFS as an admin. Anyone see issues with their VDGS by any chance?

I do, very blurry

Do you install the file which is necessary for it?

iniScene KLAX is at version 1.02 now.

I was nervous about getting this because of what people said about FPS issues.
At ultra graphics at 3440x1440 with a 5600x and 1080ti and with FSLTL and PMDG 737 loaded, I was getting about 15fps.
Pretty solid overall, I have had worse performing airports.
I think adding SD textures like they do in their recent ones will go a long way.

Which brings up an interesting question. I think I bought my KLAX on the marketplace. (I know, I know), but the latest ini releases like EGLL v3 have the new toggles in the ini installer for textures and objects etc for performance. I would like to know if these options can will ever be controllable by the marketplace content manager (probably not right now), but if not then how to we marketplace buyers change thiese new settings? Is ther a file we can modify?

The option to customize the airport is only available with the iniManager. There‘s no way to do this with airports from the marketplace I‘m afraid. Same goes for airports from Orbx in which you can toggle on or off static aircraft but if you bought it from the in-game marketplace then you are stuck with whatever version gets released through the marketplace.

That’s so not good to hear. I must keep reminding myself to stop buying marketplace airports in that case. Between this and having no access to the .bgl file for GSX it’s like they are selling us handicapped versions of a product with the drm/fsarchive method of encoding the scenery.

v1.10 was released 3 hours ago! See notes for changes made…

Still waiting for this to come to Xbox. LAX is my “first” ‘home airport’…as I lived in LA before moving to Colorado (Flightbeam’s KDEN is absolutely mint).

I just bought KDEN a few days ago after finding KDEN contours were now all, over the place (2ft climbs/steps on taxiways!). Flightbeam’s is certainly much better than the default enhanced one.
It’ll be interesting to see how they release KLAX on XBox as it is one of the most resource hungry airports on PC (although there are a few of them now EGLL, KEWR, KLAX, KDTW). So much so that toggles are now part of Ini’s installer to improve airport performance. Not sure how memory constraints on xbox will play outwith these airports. Hopefully they do make it in some suitable version.

1 Like

I bought IniScene’s KLAX last night and I think it’s great. Without AI traffic, and no FS Traffic or FSLTLT running, I was getting mid-high 40 FPS in the cockpit of the PMDG 737 at the gate, and 50’s outside up a hundred feet in the drone cam, with live weather (broken clouds), and that was with all the eye-candy turned on in the IniManager - ground clutter, cars, interiors, swaying palm trees, etc.

WIth all the clutter off, and FS Traffic running, I was still getting mid-upper 30’s for FPS in the cockpit and outside looking around watching traffic for about 30 minutes.

Either way, it looks better than the stock KLAX from Asobo, with much nicer ramp and runway textures, and generally nicer modeling and lighting.

2 Likes

I own all IniBuild’s airports (their Christmas sale was just irresistible) and for me KLAX performs the best of those big airports. A lovely airport addon indeed!

1 Like