Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

Just pointing out (as some people do not seem to realise) if you land on the water you can save the flight with ESC then SPACEBAR and hit save.

Then when you load that flight later you spawn on the water.

This means you can choose a nice scenic spot as your “Seaplane Base” and save a flight starting on the water from there.

The Grumman is a little odd spawning with the floats retracted even if you saved with them deployed but the aircraft will still taxi and take-off fine without the floats.

Here, at minute 2:30 to 2:35 (and better in part III of the series 10:55 to 11:20) is a reference for how the carb heat should function/display in the cockpit as I point out in my earlier post# 414:

7 Likes

That’s a wonderful series of videos about the Goose ! Thanks for this.

Oz, what are we talking ‘bout here: hours, days, weeks? Now we don‘t want the bird to become too chewy, right?

Plus I need to tell my wife we won‘t see each other for quite a while once I set off… :cowboy_hat_face: :arrow_right: :earth_africa: :arrow_right: :earth_asia: :arrow_right: :earth_americas: :arrow_right: :couplekiss_man_woman:

5 Likes

Hey folks, if you’ve already seen me talk about AuthenticKit on our Discord, please ignore, for others that have not and love vintage aircraft and are interested in maybe making your own vintage controls: AuthentiKit Flight Controls - Starting with the Spitfire MkIX

Check them out!

1 Like

It’s not easy being green.

1 Like

Has anyone been able to tweak one of the various .cfg files & set up a basic Autopilot function of some sort?
I have a keyboard based one in another aircraft where in Engines.cfg, the line:
DisableAutopilotControls=1 was changed to DisableAutopilotControls=0, & Keyboard mappings for Toggle AP On/Off, Hold Altitude & Hold Heading now work.
TG

1 Like

Hi. Not so much a bug, but a question. Is there a way to map the wingfloats to a keystroke or a switch, or is there a function that they borrow otherwise?

Hey folks,
Just so you know DO NOT download the Goose from ANYWHERE except this thread, my discord or SimOutHouse. These are the ONLY official channels for this addon and I will NOT give any support if you download from somewhere else.

5 Likes

Here’s a shot of the Goose at Ketchikan, Alaska’=

2 Likes

DL’d from link on first post. Installed fine and shows up as it should with other aircraft. However, when ever I go to fly it , it goes into an immediate flat spin with no airspeed if I start in the air. If I start on the runway it will go into a flat spin on the runway at take off. I’m a licensed pilot and all other aircraft fly fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

Yes, sounds like you enabled the LEGACY flight model. Always ensure you use the MODERN flight model with native aircraft like mine.

Gentlemen,

some of you are posting some pictures from your journeys from time to time - which is great!

Well, I wanted to show you some cool pix, but… somehow I managed to take a wrong exit at Venices Canale Grande, I suppose:

Someone to give me a hook?

4 Likes

Today I landed at KJZI and found a flock of geese…

3 Likes

The game treats every livery as a possible new plane type to add. You can edit the livery files and tell them not to spawn extra AI instances if it annoys you :smiley:

Yea we’re going to address that in the next update too. #twomoreweeks :smiley: :wink:

(sorry for the DCS reference)

1 Like

Yep, That was it. thank you.

That reference predates DCS :smiley: People were tossing it about on the original Il2 forums back around 2001 and it was apparently old even then. ( The expanded versions was " the patch will be 2 weeks, not from any specific date, just 2 weeks" )

3 Likes

dum question does this have basic ap?