Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

its the same size and weight of a caravan.
8000 lbs, 50 foot wingspan, highwing, similar airfoil.

it should actually be less stable with the top heavy engines

Guess they should have taken you as their flight engineer then…

1 Like

I didn’t study aviation for nothing

Well feel free to drop on by our Discord and discuss with our Flight Engineer :slight_smile:

1 Like

even people who “didnt study aviation for nothing” get it wrong sometimes, believe it or not. Im not saying you’r wrong tho, i didnt study aviation myself so…

1 Like

This likely isn’t news: In the preview mode before you take control, the Goose sits with tires burried slightly and tailwheel off the ground slightly. Then when you hit “ready to fly” it pops into a natural sitting state.

1 Like

An absolute joy to fly! Love the “heavy” feeling that makes you feel like you are constantly working to make her do what you want. And with the water rudder “fix”, I can now turn her around on lakes!

6 Likes

I do have a problem. I am a casual player and CRTL + E doesn’t seem to work after engine dies?

When I hand over control to Ai, it turns plane on but I can’t do it myself?

I just downloaded the file linked on the first page but when I try to extract to the community folder using 7zip I get the following error:

I searched through the thread and came across your post (block quotes below). Is is possible that after an update the same problem has manifested again? I also won’t rule out some sort of user error on my part as this is the first mod I’ve tried to install. Thanks for the help.

Blockquote I’ve had the same issue trying to open the file for the aircraft using latest 7zip and also bandzip 7.13 with the same error - using the link in Wookie’s post

Blockquote

Yea Known issue not sure the cause but will fix for release.

Also, it looks to me, as I put my custom textures in, that the cockpit textures are a blend of the standard and night texture. That is a strange thing for the sim to do.
I wonder what would happen if you use the standard texture and duplicate it for the night texture. I’ll try that out later.

Edit: No, that doesn’t make a difference

Hello all,
Love the Goose and realize it is still a WIP, but has anybody had any issues with the pitch trim? I have a Logitech Cessna trim wheel that works great across multiple sims, including MSFS, but when I try to trim elevator in the Goose, the nose pitches way up, then settles without any effect on actual nose attitude I.e., the pitch doesn’t actually change). To make it even weirder, she does this whether I am trimming UP or DOWN. Very strange-
OzWookie as always, great job on the plane and looking forward to future developments!
Chris

I have a trim axis and she trims out beautifully. Have not experienced your particular issue sorry. Make sure you’re using the MODERN flight model in your settings.

1 Like

Got It! Thanks!

I have a P3D texture for Chalks, can it be used in this version?

Here’s the simple passenger area. Just found it when moving about.

4 Likes

What does “for Chalks” mean?

This is based on the old Ozx Upgrade for the default FSX Goose. So, if they work on the default Goose, they should work here, though, the “shine” might not look quite right.

Chalks was the Airliner that used Goose’s @ Catalina IIRC. There is a way to update OLD liveries for new aircraft and I wrote a guide on it :smiley:

1 Like

Is it not the Catalina liveries Jan Kees made then? He’s got a couple of Catalina paints already ready for install over at flightsim.to?

Quick update folks. Found and fixed the shading issues on the wing.

Not released yet, but know it’s been addressed :smiley:

8 Likes