Insert approach without transition

Hi,
I am using Little Navmap for creating flight plans and then export them to MSFS PLN files that I load in MSFS.

When inserting an approach to my plan in Little Navmap, there are multiple choices, see screenshot below:
littlenavappr

In the example above, either you can right-click directly on RD252, which will insert the approach from RD252 or you can click on one of the Transition points, which will also include the transition route to the initial fix into the plan.

When I insert RD252 directly into the plan (without transition) the flight plan in Little Navmap does not contain the transition points, but when I export the plan to MSFS and then load the plan into MSFS, the imported flight plan always seems to load the approach that includes the (first?) transition (via DOFMU in this case).

It seems not be possible to remove the waypoints of the transition points once loaded in MSFS.

Is there a way to insert the approach without the transition points?
Or is it always mandatory to pick a transition?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Flight planning using two or three different systems is very challenging especially when each approach is different and unique. EHRD ILS Z Rwy 24 is a challenge! MSFS World Map flight planner does not have selectable transitions like LNM and Navigraph. It assumes everyone wants to use the first IAF - DOFMU. When I created a flight plan using the World Map, it showed DOFMU as the first waypoint for the approach along with the remaining approach waypoints.

I did a search for MASOS and then added it to the flight plan. The flight plan automatically deleted DOFMU when MASOS was added. However when I started the flight, the FMS flight plan showed the approach with IAF DOFMU dropping the MASOS IAF. I was able to change the approach in the FMS to use MASOS which isn’t exactly what you want.

In the World Map flight planner, there is a feature missing (wishlist) - the ability to select different transitions. There is a bug - dropping waypoints between the World Map and the FMS.

SU10 is deploying the Garmin G1000nxi. I think the World Map flight planner will be updated at the same time which should fix the problem with multiple transitions.

Note that several 3rd party aircraft developers don’t use the World Map flight planner for input using a different FMS flight planner.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, but I just marked this as the solution to my question, because this is probably something we have to live with, until “transition selection” will become part of the MSFS World Map flight planner.

1 Like