Installation Drive other than C impossible?

I have read a load of posts on this subject but not sorted my issue.

Installing MSFS from the xbox app, and selecting in windows that new apps install to D, the first installer seems to ignore all options and install to the C drive. I have read this is only a small installer that is later redundant.

on first run i receive the update screen where i again select my D drive, changing the path from C:users\xxx\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\localcache\

to

D:users\xxx\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\localcache\

upon completion checking my usercfg :-

InstalledPackagesPath “D:\Users\neilp\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages”

change my rolling data to the D drive in game and you would expect to have finally installed the game to the D drive.

however, whilst trying to copy my custom camera views for the a32nx i couldn’t find the airplanes folder on my D drive, but there it is on the C drive??

it seems to be impossible to move the whole game away from anything other than the C drive and all options presented by the installer only partially do what you select.

I now have the game across C and D it seems with no way of correcting.

what have i missed?? so simple yet so confusing.

as far i can see the package updater run from the game has installed to the D drive, however the first game installation from the xbox app has used the C. i have tried this many times and every time is the exact same…

on my C drive in localcache\sinobjects\airplanes i have

Asobo_V152
Asobo_E330
Asobo_FA18E
etc etc
LyyByWire_A320_Neo

If it is the Community folder that needs to be moved,
what you need to do is simply cut and paste to new location, but you must change the UserCfg.opt, file located in the “LocalCache” file.
At the bottom of that file you should find “InstalledPackagesPath”, change that to the file where you have moved the Communtiy folder to.