Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

My build is the latest insider build

This may backfire, so try it at your own riskā€¦

1. Turn the simulator off
  2. Open the installation directory
  3. Find the file that keeps getting stuck
  4. Delete it
  5. Relaunch the sim and see what happens.

Windows Insider?

do we need to have windows 10 2004 vwrsion?

Sorry- Yes- windows insider

I cant get the game to fully downloaded and am extremely frustrated and not happy at all. I purchased the Premium Deluxe Edition on the Microsoft store and installed the Game and Digital ownership.(which was about 1GB) then After clicking launch it asked about the Microsoft Store package Dependency Installer allowing to make changes to device which I clicked yes. After that nothing happens and If i click on the game I get a blue circle next to the cursor and thats it. I went through all the trouble shooting for the microsoft store and still nothing has changed, please help

Thank you will give it a try

That may be your issue. Several others have reported issues with MSFS and Windows Insider. From what I have seen if you were to roll back to the latest stable version of Windows (v2004), you should be able to install the sim without issues.

1 Like

Missing Premium Deluxe content after download

I pre-purchased the Premium Deluxe version, and finished downloading the 91GB earlier. I canā€™t see any of the Premium content in the game and when i re-load the game to check for updates, it just sends me to the main menu.

Anyone else having issues? Or am I missing something?

1 Like

Hi, I tried to download tonight and I left the computer for a little bit and it was about 1/3 done and when I came back 5 minutes later to check, the download and sim had shut down. When I open it, it is asking for me to set settings. However, only a little more than 40 GB was downloaded. Is this normal? I thought it was like 90GB??

Steam
Iā€™ve not got anything in the marketplace that doesnā€™t cost extra Ā£Ā£Ā£s. In my ā€œOfficial Content > Ownedā€ section, thereā€™s nothing.

Hi altogether,

I had five major bugs when downloading content for the FS yet:

1. The loading screen stuck at circa 1/3 as already reported by a few people. I solved this by deleting %localappdata\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ROLLINGCACHE.CCC file.
  2. The update halting at ā€œPlease waitā€¦ā€. Only could solve this by deleting the whole content in \Packages
  3. See first image attached. Could solve this by restarting the installer, but download was stuck to 73,37 GB remaining. Because of error no. 2, I deleted the Packages.
  4. See second image attached. Could solve this by restarting the installer. Did not download either, just went back to state described in two.
  5. Very annoying: Iā€™m using a Logitech MX Master 3, connected via blue tooth. When switching the mouseā€™s connection to my work PC while the downloader is open, it freezes and then closes itself. I can reproduce this every time. Update: Canā€™t unplug my USB keyboard either. Installer will crash as well.

Running on latest stable Windows version.

Edit: Forum says, I canā€™t embed images or links in my post. Here are the two errors described above: imgur .com/a/7BHcf81

1 Like

Yeh I herd about delux issue where for some reason you only get standard install? Sup with that?

I can confirm 5), any devices you connect while downloader is active will make it crash, or any app using usb devices

I experienced this also. Fixed by shutting down any VPN apps.

Theres no image attached buddy, but hanks for posting those issue many of us encountered

Ok so now i have this bug tooā€¦

Edit : Echap solved it

Same issue here :sob:

Installation does not continue

install fs-base-0.1.72fspatch and the download restarts

Ok so guy, I donā€™t know for you, but even with game fully installed, going through main menu and such, anytime you start Discord, RTX Voice, plug in a controller or anything related to adding/activating a new device, game instant freeze and CTD !!!

How this bug even passed through QA tests ?