Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

I’m on 100 MBit internet yet the download is struggling to even hit 5 MBit… Microsoft never fails to fail at big launches. WIll be here for a few days simply downloading…

Getting the same problem.

I’ve just tried yet again after work, redownloading which appears to only download 990mb and says it’s installed. Still get the ‘can’t sync your data with the cloud’ then constant checking for updates. All windows is up to date and also apps including game bar. I’ve tried turning off defender too. I feel like giving up.
What a failure. Welcome any new ideas.

Try searching reddit for “download_stuck_with_368_gib_remaining” (cant put a link here).

The fix suggested involves stopping FS2020, removing some of the most recent files from the install directory you selected when launching, then restarting FS2020. (credit to voidbytee on reddit)

I removed all the small patch files which was probably a bad idea as it seems to be downloading about 60GB more now. You might get away with removing less.

Can’t vouch for this yet as I’m still waiting but at least I can see it is downloading again.

Does anyone know why my game is only downloading at about 6mbps, maximum 13mbps, when my internets bandwidth is 50mbps? Nothing else is using up the bandwidth because I can see how much bandwidth is being used on the router (Amplifi HD). Any ideas? Because if it keeps downloading at this rate it’ll be days before it’s downloaded.
:slight_smile:

Hi, after downloading all the files I had a black screen so I rebooted the game and now the game is always stuck with the blue bar at 1/3 after checking for updates, does anyone have the same issue ? Already tried to reinstall it completely

2 Likes

Anyone know how i can move the install folder of MFS to another drive ?

I have the same issue dude

Did you installed the files on the default path or did you changed it ?

what did you roll back to?

are you running windows insider preview build?

Good morning,

I live in Canada, I installed FS2020 in 45 minutes (I woke up early thinking it would take hours), everything is working and flight loads take a few seconds, so no complaints so far.

my game is installed on a NVMe SSD and fiber at home from 1 gigabit Bell fibe

See you soon

Same here. Suddenly the download will stop at an arbitrary %, and stay stuck on that until I quit out and restart. I can see my network traffic drop from 100Mb/s to 0 when this happens.

Embarrassing really that we have to completely restart the downloader every 5 minutes. I’ve had this going since midnight GMT and it’s only managed to download 10GB in total, so not hopeful on this even completing within the next few days unless the content manager is fixed. Considering a refund.

This whole repeatedly getting stuck on 3.68 gb left thing is getting really annoying! no matter what i’ve tried I still cant get it to finish downloading.

Not sure what’s going on but it’s performing around 20% of what it did in Alpha and looks 80% worse.

What is this, it’s all over the place. On Ultra settings and Fibre Broadband 70 down.

1 Like

Well, I’m stuck. I did EVERYTHING from sticky post guides. Updated drivers, disabled third party soft, everything. Game simply don’t want to work. And yes, it’s fully installed already, installed twice in a day to be honest, so it’s not stuck before downloading bug.

Where does it stuck for you?

I have good news to report so far I’ve crossed the halfway part of the installation with no problems and i made sure to follow y’all’s tips including installing it from the xbox beta app and putting the content on a created folder in my case on my D drive

All of this could have easily been prevented with a simple option to pre download it all. I can’t even imagine the horror of trying to download this over 5 mbit/s(minimum spec)

Check out your one drive is logged in and sync is active. I seem to have got to the part now with 95gb download. Recon will take a week for me.