Installing/updating system needs review

Dear Microsoft Store, first of all: I am a big fan of AS-MSFS. Now allow me to draw your attention to your installing/updating process, which is EXTREMLY “counterproductive” for some users. Patch 1950 broke my game and I had to reset the app, which means that I am now re-installing 95 Gig, basically the whole game again. It is about time that someone within your approx. 200 + employees think about a better “productive” installing system, so that a repair of files would be possible, WITHOUT re-installing the whole game, when in fact YOUR installer corrupts files during installation. I want to avoid harsh words, but with due respect re-installing 95 gigabytes + is ANNOYING!

9 Likes

same here and download is not working at all this time, so fustrating because game was working before

1 Like

download is working again, did a reset instead of uninstall :wink:

2 Likes

yes, me too, I did also a reset and have to download all the 95 Gig again :frowning: very convenient :smiley:

i’m stuck again :thinking:

I feel your pain.

It would be helpful to have just one dedicated installer, instead of “first update the shop” then “update the actual game” … i still have no clue why they do that.

this update had me reinstall the xbox-stuff, (basically the store) as something went wrong in acknowledging it was actually me, the customer, wanting to play this game.

Regards,

Steiny

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing my pain. Yes , I have also no clue…I have reported my issues to the Zendesk. Basically I think they are just a little bit overwhelmed with all the issues. However hopefully everything will get better. They have my full support and understanding! Greetings

And there is even third step - update the Japan files in Content Manager.

1 Like

After patch 1950 all my airports were gone. As described in the Q&A MSFS Zendesk, I have tried to use the repair function in app settings, which didn’t give me back the airports thus I went to the next step, which was the reset option in app settings. Following reset I had to download and install the whole program/95 Gig with the result that all airports are back. Now I am downloading the content which has 25 Gig. The problem was that the community and objects folder was installed out side the WindowsApp folder, where the full program is installed be the MS store…I guess it was some how a mistake by myself when installing the program for the first time back in August 18th…however the problem is now solved after proper installation.

1 Like

After successful re-installation, I have found out that the problem was with my initial wrong installation of the community and objects outside the WindowsApps folder due to lack of experience with the MicrosoftStore procedures. My appologies.

1 Like

Glad you got it working Devotee!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words Steinways…wish you happy flying :slight_smile:

1 Like