Instant crash after activating anything in GPS

In multiple aircraft now, as soon as I hit “activate” on my GPS mid-flight for either a FP or IAP, the game insta-crashes. As I mainly invested in this to practice IFR, this is major roadblock. I’m not a computer guy - any thoughts would be appreciated! my specs:

B550
RTX 3070
1TB NVME SSD

Thanks!

Same here. Was also looking for an effective IFR trainer. I finally bought the sofware with the hope that MSFS would have fixed the major bugs involved with IFR flight. There are some mod-fixes for the Garmin units but these guys cannot rewrite the entire IFR system and avionics. This job is to be done my MSFS.
The only good IFR trainer in regard to the G1000 is still F1Tech using P3D. They charge 995 USD for their sofware…

I flew a GPS flight plan KDTW KCLE on 4-13-21 in the Baron.

Perfect on line weather and ATC instructions , including the descent / approach instructions.

I have not flown a full flight with today’s Update MSFS 1.15.8.0 .

I have a similar issue. I start an IFR from MMMY to MMGL and for some reason its always on my decent and the same spot where msfs crashes to the desktop. I do have 3rd party software but it has never been the issue. I have an Alienware M17R4 with an i9 and an RTX 2080 super. I always ran it in High settings. Has anyone had this issue before where it crashes?

I have the same issue. I bought a new computer and Microsoft flight sim so that I can practice for my IFR training and I have yet to be able to load a GPS approach. Once I try to load an approach or initialize airborne, my plane starts to buck and pitch or doesn’t respond at all. I fly in the C172 with the Garmin 430. Did any come up with a work around?