Integrating Working Title G1000 and G3000/5000 in to base SIM?

Hi, This is a question for Microsoft, Asobo and Working Title (sorry I’m not sure where to post it).

At some point last year I read that the 3rd party “Working Title” G1000 NXi would be integtrated in to the base SIM, replacing the G1000 installed by MS/Asobo. Is there any estimated time frame for this? Same question for the G3000 / 5000 (I’m asking about Xbox).

I assume this means missing functionality like VNAV won’t ever be added to the vanilla G1000, because the Working Title version has those functions and will be integrated - is this correct? That’s the kind of info that would have saved me a lot of confusion (before I found this forum).

I realize the entire MSFS is a work-in-progress, and that the WT modifications are “early access beta”, but I didn’t know any of that as a new simmer. I assumed the base plane models (eg, C172 with G1000) were complete and functional. So a little bit of an overview of what works, and what is in progress, and what is planned for the basic navigation controls would save an awful lot of confusion for new simmers (in my opinion). I look forward to integration and focussing on flying.

Thanks in advance for any info.

You can already download the NXI for free in the marketplace

I don’t think you will get a reply from any of these.

But, the WT Garmin G1000 NXi is already available in your Content Manager. (for any planes that use the Garmin G1000).

The integration of the WT Avionics System/Flight Management System for the Asobo default aircraft will be coming soon (this year, maybe).

Release dates have not been given.

Edit:
To clarify, available after you buy it from the Marketplace.
It is free but you buy it anyway.

@GenBrienYQB Thanks, I know the WT G1000 NXi is available as an add-on. However, Working Title’s Matt Nischan @Bishop398 has posted a few times that the goal is that it be fully integrated in to the SIM (no longer an addon). My question was “when” and roadmap for G3000, G5000, etc.

g3000/5000 should come this year

Yes, but I’m asking about when it will be integrated in the base Sim, which was their announced plan a year ago. Not the addon.

It probably will not and require you to get it in the Add-on part in The marketplace

The answer you’ll find on the Working Title Discord is to the effect of “…sometime down the road…”

They don’t publish roadmaps or specific milestone dates.

The short answer though is when ALL of the FMS they intend to convert to the new Flight Planning logic have entered Early Access on Marketplace, only then will the core sim be updated.

Or TL;DR - Soon™.

Also - thread moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities

2 Likes

The most we can say is that we expect the G1000 to be integrated most likely some time this year, and the G3000/5000 will likely start the Marketplace early access cycle also some time this year. We don’t have any timeline to share on when the G3000/5000 will be integrated into the base sim at this time.

The G3000 refresh was started around May of this year, and to contrast, the NXi has taken a team of 6 over a year to get where it is today, with the G3000 being a more complex instrument. The NXi took around 6 months to go from start to early access. Hopefully that gives you some idea as to the complexity and time scales.

6 Likes

Wow… that is a sobering statement! Amazing. Many many of us are extremely thankful for the time and effort the Working Title team has put in. The NXi is a huge upgrade from the stock unit, a massive improvement that is a joy to use. Thank you so much for making it happen!

3 Likes

Matt, Thank you very much for the reply and providing some visibility. It has been frustrating not knowing why certain FMS or AP functions don’t work in the base Sim, and not really knowing if there was any plan to make them work - so now I get it, thank you. Amazing work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.