Interesting particle effects from dust cloud when flying low (F/A-18)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When flying fast with the F/A-18 close to the ground and pulling up, the particles that I assume are connected to the dust cloud seem to have some wireframe meshes attached to them. Developer mode has not been enabled at all during this play session, and in the settings Dev mode shows as OFF. It is entirely possible that this just is a side-effect of me having had developer mode enabled in an earlier session days earlier, but I still find it weird.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/h_SXXhuRh0w ← video of the issue

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly low to the ground close to dirt (the video is from KPLU) with afterburners engaged. Disengage the G-lock and pull up hard while looking backwards.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9 9900K, 3080 (driver 511.79).

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I’m seeing this as well… after some testing, it appears that this bug is linked specifically to the F/A-18. The P-51, for example, kicks up an actual dust cloud.

1 Like

No repro in latest build.