Interesting Transition Name

Hey All

Stumbled over this pearl today:

I’d love to get to know the person who gave that name lol

3 Likes

The people who make the procedures very much have a sense of humor. Denver has one where all the fixes are booze related and another that’s ski-themed, KLAS has one that’s gaming/gambling related. I think Orlando and Anaheim/John Wayne Airport have disney-related ones, Atlanta has a Star Wars themed approach as well

And of course let’s not forget Direct to BZNGA

I agree with that!

Also, many are acronym’s and they don’t read into it of how it reads out as if it was a word.

But it does give a chuckle. :slight_smile:

Then we get VORs and Airport codes who’s acronym is completely different from its radio call sign (for example when an airport was a military field in the forties; MCO used to be McCoy Airfield before it was Orlando international airport)

Aren’t fixes supposed to be pronounceable? I can’t figure out how one could put four consonants together.

Apparently you weren’t a fan of the TV series “Big Bang Theory”.
:grinning:

1 Like

I do enjoy a well named waypoint/procedure. Where i live in SW\UK flying north from the channel islands (or vise vsera). If your flight plan takes you over the famous land mark “The Needles” rocks off the isle of wright. You have the overhead waypoints “Thread” and “Needle”. I enjoy that… it’s the simple things sometimes :joy:

2 Likes

3 Likes