Intermittent: All assistance options automatically gets set to easy every time you relaunch the sim or sometimes between flights

Hello,
Same bug for me. Besides that, everytime I uninstall the T-45 (which I bought on the sim market), it installs again on it`s own. Thanks

Not for everyone. Still seeing the issue periodically in the SU7 patch public test.

Are you sure that your user.cfg file is not set to read only?

Of course. And this happens on multiple PCs.

I wonder if it has anything to do with going back and forth between the PC and Xbox versions?

Definitely fixed for me in the beta ā€¦ make sure the flight assistant is turned off in the handlebar dropdown too.

Just reloaded the sim on my PC and ā€œAll Assistsā€ is one again on. With the latest beta.

1. Last night on PC version, set to ā€œtrue to lifeā€ and turned off ATC and Checklist open at start, and Stress Damage. Apply and Save, then Exit sim via Esc/Yes from the main menu.

2. Loaded Xbox version today to see if a Marketplace purchase was still failing. (Yes, it was.) Exited sim without adjusting any settings.

3. Tonight loaded PC version. All Assists is once again active.

UseCfg.opt is read/write.

I wonder if itā€™s the failed purchase? I havenā€™t done anything more than just look in marketplace and have had no problems but this wasnā€™t the case before the beta, just visiting was enough

Also check version number in your profile, it should be 1.21.18.0.

Same to me.
I am making a scenery and use the project editor and dev cam every day.
Every day all assistance settings are reset to Easy.

Exactly what I am experiencing as well (including the CTD).

Yes itā€™s the content manager. If you go there or update anything, it resets to easy. Also can reset randomly. Even getting random CTD. There is a hotfix preview avail but you need to be ms insider to get it through Xbox. Itā€™s a pain so Iā€™m waiting for an official hotfix. Iā€™m not flying until this is fixed.

Iā€™ve had it happen to me quite often since the last update.

1 Like

Same here, never happened before SU7 update.

Quite often, as in however often you go into Content Manager?

Should the title of this be changed from INTERMITTENT

After all, the bug occurs every time you open the content manager and can be reproduced.

3 Likes

Finally found an Xbox Series X, and of course wanted to load up Flight Simā€¦ but this ā€œassists easyā€ reset every single time I load the game is ruining the experience. Every time I load the game, itā€™s back to ā€œeasyā€, which simply ruins the flight and taking the time ti reset all the settings to my liking.

I also play on PC since launch, and have since FS4, but havenā€™t played in a few months on my PC. So, canā€™t confirm I have the same bug on PC, but I just got updated to the newest version, so curious to see.

This bug is driving me nuts, and honestly not much point in playing until fixed.

1 Like

Happend to be only as soon as I update a package in the content manager

Same here, itā€™s so frustrating. :rage: :rage: :rage:

1 Like

This and some other ā€œfeaturesā€ - that are actually bugs for most of the regular users - make me think that this product is developed having in mind a minority of newbies or casual players, instead of the majority, which is made of simmers and long time users of the product. Which is oddā€¦
I donā€™t know what the market strategy is, but IMHO the skilled simmers are those spending money on such product and if I was the developer I scrapped many game features from the default installation, keeping it clean and functional and offering those as an option for the user to install it if he likes/wants. It comes to my mind the ā€œassistā€ modes, A.I. ATC, poorly developed aircraft, dumb A.I. traffic, and so on.
How many of the customers are actually using these features and for how long?! Maybe the newbies are using it until they get used to the sim and discover the real potential of the game, communities, MODs, etc.
Instead of wasting time and money in developing such useless ā€œbonusesā€, the dev team should focus on the realism of flight dynamics, aircraft systems, and operational tools (i.e. fleet administration, enhanced airport operations - would be nice). This would be money worth, too!
My 2 Cents.
K. (MSFS store edition.)

3 Likes

Conspiracies alive and well I can see ā€¦ itā€™s actually a known bug and Iā€™m sure it will be fixed.

can you refrain from making smart allegations based on poor judgment and stick with the issue? 10x!