Invisible force put me to the right of the runway off

It could have been an instant and unrealistic METAR based wind shift. These didn’t happen prior to SU7 but happen now. There are no wind gusts in the sim. So if you were using live weather, it wouldn’t be proper wind shear.

It could just be instant changing winds with a METAR update.

1 Like

I also think it could be a wind shear while i was using the live weather. :slight_smile:

Have you checked your Assistance settings? While wind shear might be a possible cause, I don’t even know if wind shear is even implemented in the sim’s weather system. I’ve certainly never got hit by it during my 1000 hours of FBW A32NX flights with the live weather.

That being said, there are multiple reports of people losing control of their rudders after landing making the aircraft turn on its own without any way to bring it back. And most of them are caused by assistance settings. Most of the similar cases are due to the auto-rudder “taking charge” of your rudder controls and turn it in a way that it thinks is the correct heading while it’s actually making you go off the runway. So even if they only turn off Auto-rudder assistance, they seem to still be having the issue, and apparently there are hidden and invisible assistance settings that are tied to the preset but you can’t manually turn off.

So see if you can check your Options Menu → Assistance. Then make sure you start the preset with True to Life. Then go through all the subentries and make sure everything is set to Hard.

This will at least make sure that the assistance settings are all the way off (including the ones that are not visible in the list). So without assistance, you should have full control over your rudder and other flight controls at all stages of the flight.

After that, try a few landings to see if the problem is resolved. Once it does, you can manually turn on the assists for the ones that you actually need. Leaving the rest of them as is.

1 Like

Thanks it is and was all set to the off position in the support/assitance menu how you have described above. I also have this issue since the su8 before the update it worked well with the landings. I got today again that issue. the wind direction(at eyvi 01) was from the right side and it pushed me about 10 -20 ft above the ground again to the right side. But thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

Test with calm winds, at least that should help us determine and confirm that it’s not a bug but a wind effect.

ok i will test it now. Give me a Moment. :slight_smile:

With Calm Winds i get the same issue unfortunaly. I will test out now another sensivity settings

Unfortunaly the issue is still there. Also after adjustment of the sensivity settings.

I dont know why a airplane sightly Drifts to the right Side in the msfs wegen the Wind comes from the Front right direction

Related perhaps. I am trying to learn landings in cross winds so have set ground level wind at 10.5 knots at right angles to the runway. But my pfd on all three wind options shows anywhere between 19 and 23 knots. And I am having difficulty not being swept off the runway and crashing :unamused:

1 Like

Cessna 172 G1000

For now i havent any resulution found for this issue or what can affect this issue :frowning: maybe it could be a effect at landing that i dont know. But that is there also in real life maybe

This problem has existed in the sim since Day 1. I’ve experienced it many times, though, not in calm air (IOW, no winds). Did you really get pushed off to the side with no winds active?

Asobo admits their winds at ground level is totally screwed up, and they are working on fixing it. It’s a combination of a number of factors based on simplifications that have been carried over from previous versions of FS and higher fidelity aerodynamics all clashing together.

There’s also an issue of incorrect units of wind at play as well. For instance, if you check METAR winds, at least last time I knew, the reported winds are actually in Feet/sec, even though they say knots (compare wind speeds as reported in real life and in sim, and you’ll see they correlate if you convert the MSFS METAR reports to Feet / Second).

I don’t know what units the PFD is actually using vs what it’s reporting, I haven’t looked into that. But I wouldn’t doubt it if it’s wrong, too.

Moved to #self-service:weather

Yes i do unfortunaly :(. I test it on diffrent airports and runways but also under calm winds. so i gotalways the same issue

That’s what I’m asking
 Calm winds is an oxymoron
 Wind speed is 0, and you’re getting blown off?

And when you set wind speed to 0, it actually is 0? There aren’t any gusts going on?

Have you deleted winds at all levels?

Yes i get blown off with 0 knots(calm conditions) of wind and i have all wind levels deleted.

s
So i tested it again. but i got the same issue how ever. In Xplane works fine. because of i can there often land on the center line. But under windy conditions as example from the right direction i got blown to the left side in xp. how it should be. And not how in the msfs when the wind comes frome right that i get blown to the right side. And i have done some reinstalls. but it dosent solved this issue unfortunaly.

If the wind is really zero, there is something else going on, likely with the tire dynamics of the FBW plane, maybe an incorrectly set up of the contact points, or with the engine dynamics of the twin engine design.

You can’t get blown off the runway with no wind. That doesn’t make any sense.

When you say there was zero wind, I assume, therefore, you weren’t using Live Weather. And therefore, the METAR should report zero wind. Did you check the METAR at the airport? What was the METAR report when you say you had zero wind? Is there a method of seeing the wind with Dev Mode on to see if the winds were actually zero?

In the past there were known issues with MSFS’s modeling of twin engines, though I can’t speak technically about what exactly was wrong, and may still be wrong. I don’t know, but, imbalanced engine thrust would cause you to turn.

I don’t understand why you’re comparing it to X-plane, tho. But that’s neither here nor there.

Yes, ATIS still used m/s (roughly double knots). I was testing crosswind landing yesterday using custom ground level wind settings and wondered if this was actually in m/s too.

1 Like

The Metar was saying 210° and 0 kts wind, clear skys nosig. This was the testing with the clear skys and manually deleted wind speeds. And i didnt find any option in the dev menu that showed me the wind. and i compared it with xplane so that i can rule out an issue with my controls. and the result was there isnt any issue with my joystick.

1 Like

I’d read elsewhere in the forums that it was m/s and yes I agree it makes much more sense for a European developer. It seemed to tally up too (1.97 m/s = 1knt), but to be honest I’ve not done enough comparisons to be certain.

1 Like

Definitely appears to be in m/s.

1 Like