IRIS Jabiru J160/J170 Discussion Thread

Yep. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where is my Vampire, damnit? :wink:

It’s on the list. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a known issue, will be fixed in the next update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

AARGH. I want it. SOON! :wink:

Anyway, you rock. Thanks for the update.

No probs… BTW, land with take-off flaps. :slight_smile: My instructor keeps telling me to do that on circuits, I must ask him why not full flaps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yah, that’s what I did just tonight. I took off with half-flaps, then tested full flaps on approach (while having my finger on the controller to IMMEDIATELY reverse that if I experience a dive I’ve heard about, which of course, I did)… Then safely put it back up to half-flaps and landed nice and safe. I just wanted to test! :wink:

What did Asobo change that makes it do that?

I am weirded out - I have tested a bunch of GA aircraft today and the only two it seems to really F up is Jabiru and the Carenado Piper Arrow - THAT one is not flyable AT ALL cause with Stage 1 flaps it literally does backflips on takeoff… or landing.

Not sure, though I noticed that there was a significant forward movement of the CoL when full flaps were applied, bringing it forward of the CoG.

Might be more accurate flap modelling, but 3rd party content not recalibrated for it.

3 Likes

I’d think it would affect MOST planes then. The fact that only two were affected is strange. And YOURS suffers from only full flaps. You can still fly on takeoff flaps. The other one is instant kill with just 33% flaps.

Have you addressed / noticed / confirmed the altitude setting increment? For me it moves 1,000ft at a time as opposed to 100ft.

That’s new…will give it a looksee

2 Likes

Just bought the plane. Looks great. For some reason the glass avionics will not turn on. Just black screens when I flip the avionics switch. What do? I thought it may have been my G3000 improvement mod, so I deleted it. Still not working.

The Jabiru is falling out of the sky on final at full flap settings, stage one flap appears to be ok, full flap and it becomes a brick, not even a sink rate, it literally plummets to the ground. Happened right after the 1.14.5.0 sim update. I love this little AC by the way it’s a gem of an add-on.

1 Like

There is apparently a patch coming out for that shortly.

1 Like

At long last, the IRIS Jabiru v1.4 coming this weekend!

Featuring a significant re-write of the aircraft flight model based on developer flight training time. 🙂 (Milage may vary!)

Update includes improved VR interaction, improved autopilot functions and AI pilot stability, along with many more Qualify of Life upgrades.

A full changelog will be posted when we’re ready to go. 🙂

12 Likes

Lovely! It’s a great AC in the sim :slight_smile:

I know it probably has nothing to do with Iris, but can anybody tell me why it is always the Jabiru that is spawned as AI GA traffic on the ground at Airports? This happened when I had the Grumman Goose installed, the Grumman seemed to everywhere in numbers at Airports, is it because the install is in the community folder?

1 Like

The game thinks every livery is a distinct aircraft for the purposes of random AI. If you have a lot of liveries that aircraft will appear everywhere as an AI plane…

You can edit the livery files to disable them for AI use. I believe quite a few of The Jabiru liveries are turned off already but you may want to disable a few more.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll have a look :slight_smile: