IRIS Jabiru J160/J170 Discussion Thread

Hi, are users allowed to discuss common bugs and workarounds?

Yes, you may do that.

1 Like

Thanks! (added padding because I can’t post just “Thanks!” because it’s less than 10 characters for some reason)

2 Likes

I would say the fact that MS will not allow support discussion and are sending users to the developers website is a very very strong hint that MS actually prefer people buy direct from Iris and not the marketplace.

Among other things, because I purchased my copy of the Jabiru on the Iris website rather than the marketplace, I already have the v4 update (which will likely be weeks before it makes it to marketplace purchasers).

TLDR - If you need to go direct to the developer for support you might as well buy direct.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t MS prefer that you buy from the marketplace so they get a cut?

Keep posts on topic. Thank you.

1 Like

I would have thought discussion of where to buy the Jabiru and the relative benefits of purchase direct from Iris (or Orbx) versus marketplace is actually on topic (especially with it virtually half price on special at present) - but fair enough.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’ve missed something. The Iris site says " * Four custom instrument panels over a variety of aircraft layouts.". What are the four panels referred to?

IIRC they’re selectable through the liveries (but I don’t recall the exact options)

Thanks. I’ve just had a quick look and as far as I can tell you can select the gauge or glass option for either version. Maybe that’s where the four comes from, or maybe I’m still missing something.

2 Likes

I think that may be it, yeah.

1 Like

thanks! it worked and now the default splash screen is back👍

1 Like

The four are:

Steam J160
Steam J170 (different from the Steam 160)
Glass J160
Glass J170 (different from the Glass 160)

2 Likes

Download the latest from the IRIS website, I removed that option. Seemed like a good idea at the time…maybe not in hindsight.

Correct. J160 and J170 have a glass and analogue option.

Thanks guys.

I hope not weeks, but I won’t purchase from the store now knowing that updates are delayed.

Any ETA on the MS Store release of version 1.4.

Personally I like that my Marketplace updates all come from one place and I don’t have to manually track down updates for multiple aircraft vendors across different stores, which I usually don’t think to do for days or weeks after they come out.

It takes all kinds! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i agree, this is why I have only purchased the MS Store. I don’t want to have multiple logins to different stores etc., but waiting longer for updates seems unfair; and can be problematic if Devs start neglecting MS Store patrons (with later updates) in an effort to steer them to the Dev sites for purchases.

1 Like