Is anyone actually flying after this update?

I have the same. For me after the update everything went to hell.

2 Likes

ive been able to get it to run without crashing after downloading the extra GB from the store. also my FPS are just fine. I dont fly with traffic and the VFR map is disabled

I play the most time in vr and use the 457.30 driver…

I live in hope!

Okay, so after the update (and that was trouble-free), emptied out my ‘Community’ folder and restarted.

About 30mins into my first post-update flight MSFS 2020 froze. Had to use Task Manager to close it down.* So that’s a thing, then.

One step forward, two steps back, Asobo…

*Literally had no crashes since MSFS 2020’s launch day.

1 Like

En modo VR ya no se puede usar la barra de herramientas. Todas las ventanas son flotantes. Siguen la mirada. No se pueden fijar como antes y no se pueden usar con el mouse.

Just flew around KFLL in the Mooney. Everything looks great, no problems at all.

1 Like

flying my first flight after the update, no problems so far, using King Air.

Same performance as always here. A couple of nice usable enhancements.

Nice patch, if lacking in major improvements. All smooth as silk here - start up quick and easy, FPS unchanged, still very nice and flyable.

It looks worse now

You might need to go into Options and check Bing data streaming is still switched on. Updates are known to mess about with some users’ Options settings.

They are ON

I would try the sim out but there still is the 10 degree heading bug… can’t really navigate properly with that so I’ll just wait till April.

1 Like

Yep. Up and flying except RNAV is broken. Guidance not picking up at multiple airports despite being below both ATC instructed and Approach Plate published crossing altitudes at the FAF.

It trashed my installation. Completely reinstalling.

I just did the monthly challenge with the C208 and everything was fine

I have an issue with the content manager that freezes its UI (Seen already in previous UK update too), see here: Content Manager Freezes - #2 by Pieloth

They have managed to wreck the TBM!
Initially I had an invisible aircraft, so removed the TBM enhancement mod. Then could see the aircraft but the G3000 would not come alive. So took out the G3000 mod and I can fly, but the default G3000 looks AWFUL and has so many missing functions. And the is was supposed to be when asobo sorted out the Garmin units!
And doing the above is so time consuming. Remove an item, restart, clear cache, restart, take out anothe item etc etc.
Why don’t Asobo communicate with WT etc who obviiusly can do such a better job than they can?
Richard

Everything looked quite smooth for me but my flight plan path was invisible both on Garmin and the VFR map so kinda gave up after spending 30min to plan this flight

3090/10900k, getting about 35fps over Los Angeles/Burbank with Scattered Clouds, Ultra 4K. Maybe lost 3-4 frames based on what I’m used to seeing there, but looks great. LOD possibly improved but I have nothing to compare. Not much to note otherwise.