Is it me or sometimes the offline ATC sounds better than the Azure ATC?

Of course I am not talking about the juvenile pitch of some sounds or stuff like “alphabet equals microsoft” :smiley:
But what I am talking about is the other voices and especially the ATIS report sound just right in my opinion. I think it is thanks to this robotic pitch, which you may hear from the real world ATC due to audio disortions and other imperfections.
I think the Azure just sound too perfect and clean and it doesn’t give you the feeling that you are actually talking to someone “down there”.

1 Like

The offline voices go right through me…give me Azure any day. :grinning::microphone:

2 Likes

The Azure annoys me because its always US english, which is rarely heard in Europe.

2 Likes

Offline voices are terrible. Partcularly the ones that sound like kids. I don’t need to be controlled by Doogie Howser, ATC.

3 Likes

English is the language of Aviation. Worldwide.

2 Likes

Yes, but not with a US accent :grin:

3 Likes

Agreed … :slight_smile:

If you go up to LiveATC and hear their ATIS report and compare it to offline and Azure ATC voices - offline is clear winner.
So, are the other offline voices except the ones I mentioned above.
https://www.liveatc.net/hlisten.php?mount=kjfk_atis&icao=kjfk
Sometimes “perfect” isn’t the “relaistic” :slight_smile:

I’d say most of the time it’s a mix between English and local languages.

1 Like

Sometimes it does. I noticed that too.

Really? I’ve only ever had local accents when offline. I’ll need to experiment a bit more.

Azure ATC does not impress me at all. Especially not the English female voice. My 6 year old Android phone sounds less robotic. Is there a way to customize accents and stuff?

hmm… I never ever heard any regional voices from any in game ATC

I set my pilot model to female and my copilot to male. This gives each pilot a different voice, but the female is almost too annoying to listen to. I may have to change both pilots to male and have the same voice :weary: (I assume all male pilots have the same voice but maybe I’m wrong)

Moved to #self-service:atc-navaids

That was more of an opinion sharing than a support topic, but I guess it’s fine

1 Like

Apart from the kindergarten kid in the tower you also have the 60 cigarettes a day man too :rofl:

Well when my Azure ATC goes offline I don’t get any voices from ATC. Total silence except my pilot responding. And ATC seems to go down every other day. I’d take the kid voices over silence.

1 Like

Asobo has been using early days of Azure, hoping for an opportunity to update.

Oh it’s just you, loong lonely flights :rofl: