Is it possible that REX is hinting a product for MFS20?

I received an email stating to guess what REX will be offering next? I said a weather engine for this sim. What do you guys think?

I’m thinking that maybe they’re looking for ideas. I’ve always loved REX and their products and I’m hoping they will continue to contribute.

2 Likes

TBH i really have no idea what are they going to add to this sim, i think fs2020 just covers every thing
cloud
water
ground
weather
hope it’s something great

4 Likes

Don’t know to be honest but I think I’ll guess the same and we can share the prize.:relaxed:

Only kidding. Good to know that they are planning something anyway.

1 Like

They really gotta nail this one and do something special if they want my money. I mean the sim has it all. What can they even improve ?

1 Like

Not sure what could it be.
On the one hand I understand there is nothing in SDK yet to change weather-realted stuff for 3rd partys.
On the other hand, Asobo did so much impressive work with weather (current live weather big BUG aside), that I honestly would prefer to let them fix and improve on top of that than re-work from scratch from 3rd partys.

3 Likes

Either some airport improvement or a weather improvement (though weather will be hard to improve on)

1 Like

It has a really bad weather engine for example. Just did a flight in the TBM from EDDF to EDRY. The weather in real life is following: Overcast at about 5000 feet Few Cu at 300 feet.
In the sim with Live Weathrt double checked I have Blue Skys! Many other people have this problem. Rex Sky Force in P3d had an 1 to 1 replica from the real weather with T Storms simulatet correctly. They even had f´´´´ tornadoes. Never again say the sim has all.

2 Likes

Read my answer to GridRisen

REX is only hope for completing the good graphics, because the default weather system is awful.

2 Likes

This is how my window on my old car looked when trying to remove the inside ice and condense with an unproper oblect…

3 Likes

Idk, weather works for me. Wind is a little wonky but Hi-Fi devs themselves (devs of Active Sky) said the SDK has no implementation for a weather plugin. So…
idk

EDIT:
Link to hi-fi dev response

1 Like

Something that will be overhyped, of that I’m sure. :no_mouth:

4 Likes

complete and total Bing-maps-overhaul…

1 Like

Yes I remember reading that. Interesting to see what theyre offering if its for MSFS. But I remember during the announcement of MSFS20 REX specifically said they’re coming to the platform. We’ll see

for now at least, Asobo is working on fixing the live weather atm

true. Interesting to see what REX is up to

live weather isn’t functioning well but they finally acknowledged theyre aware of it and working on fixing it. We’ll see

darn, if I win in have to give you $50??! Man I can’t catch a break :crazy_face:

Simple Reshade tweaks makes for an overall better MSFS image so why wouldn’t a Rex configurator?
Nothing is ever “too good” to be improved graphically.

2 Likes