Is it possible that REX is hinting a product for MFS20?

same, the last time i used them was FSX

they also offer airport environments, if not weather related enhancements

Oh wow I just looked at their site and their products look legit and awesome. I hope they add support for this game as well.

1 Like

They’ve existed since FSX and loved their products, worth every penny

I mean Microsoft and Asobo did state they’re working with like 150 different studios/companies for different kinds of things. I have a feeling this one is one of them. Oh man, I can’t wait until like 3 months from now when major studios have released their things. Going to be sweet!

2 Likes

Yes could be, imagine the release is only the beginning of what could become. Exciting times

I could see them do a number of things:

• Heavily used runway and apron textures with dirt and oil and tire marks
  • A variety of runway and taxiway markings
  • More regional variety with default airport buildings
  • Sky colors
  • Enhanced water wave effects
  • A variety of runway and taxi lights
  • Enhanced cloud coloring
2 Likes

Haha … Life is tough man :relaxed:

Former Xplane user here so not come across them before. Looking forward to what they come up with.

Seasons… autumn and winter colours

Probably live weather engine but their weather engine in Skyforce has never been very good compared to ActiveSky.

For people saying that they want to stay with Microsoft’s weather engine, you should know that an engine doesn’t have to affect cloud textures and sky colors. It’s just saying where different layers and types of clouds, winds, visibility… should be. So I personally can’t wait for Hifi/ActiveSky to do something.

2 Likes

maybe some more cloud types – cirrus for one

Here it is, looks nice!

1 Like

HISTORIC/ARCHIVED

Support for historic/archive weather data

SHARE PRESETS

Support for personal and community weather presets

MAPPING & MORE

Full featured flight center and mapping system

Nothing against to any 3-rd party developer.

Only think that what products are already available and count yourself which are satisfied users. I absolutelly agree now with one post that I liked, FS has now all what needs and I’m satisfied with performance due my HW. I can’t imagine add REX and scare about my FPS as known problem in history…

look like performance will be the same as default, weather engine focusing, there is no such as texture possible etc.

1 Like

If they can work out a way to set specific low visibility for IFR approaches, will be an instant buy. Talking 1/8th or 1/4 mile, fog, low RVR, etc.

Edit: actually just read where REX posted: “Surprisingly there is no function to control visibility directly. Not sure why that is.” :pensive:

2 Likes

If I can’t change this, no reason to deploy some product like this…

is needed an accurate engine weather, default MFS2020 it´s unrealistic and at the momment heavy rain and storms are missing. Hope REX and Active Sky can fix this disaster for people that we fly online like IVAO or VATSIM

2 Likes

Heavy storm is missing?

I had one in Slovakia with very strong rain showers… Of course I understand that weather need be improved and updated.