Is it possible to control view position with external data?

Just wondering if there’s any way to use external data - specifically, such as that generated by a stationary bike - to provide data that tells the simulator how fast to move?

Thinking about how great it would be to be able to use a stationary bike & ride along real-world routes (likely without photogrammetry). Obviously we’d need a way to turn…

You might do far better with Google Earth, for that sort on Non-Aviation application.

Kindda a COOL Idea… Virtual Bike Riding — both entertaining, and GOOD exercise.
Do not get much exercise sitting at a computer, playing MSFS … just your Mouse hand gets a work out !!!

Google Earth in VR is truely amazing … unfortunately, BING has a long way to go to catch up … but maybe MSFS is just the motivation to get Bing moving to catch up with Google.

Yeah, I’m familiar with Google Earth, but alas… no weather (well, not like FS), no nighttime, and the buildings are all mushy. I think someone actually did this.

For the record, I currently use a few cycling apps that show a decent environment but are limited in terms of where you can ride with “actual” (non-generic) scenery. Zwift looks great, a little arcadey maybe, but doesn’t allow user-created roads; RGT looks good and allows user-generated roads, but all the scenery is exactly the same.

Zwift

RGT