Is it so hard to implement correct taxiways and positions? (e.g.Hamburg)

Hi my dearest devs,

using more and more addon airports, I wonder why many of them don’t seem to get the taxiways and parking positions (gates, etc.) right. The latest example is Hamburg (EDDH). It’s a payware, available in the marketplace.

When landed, ATC gives you “…taxi to gate XXX”. No taxiways are given. And taxi ribbon isn’t working. And the gate number given does not exist on any official airport chart. So as a pilot you have no chance, to ever find your gate.

I would think, maybe the SDK is incomplete. But many other addon airports, even community made freeware, are doing it correctly.

So I’m interested. What’s the problem? Is there something wrong with the SDK? Is it carelessness?

3 Likes

Well, if it would be that easy to implement matching airport layouts for thousands and thousands of airports it would probably have arrived already.

I personally conveniently work around this by handing the aircraft over to the other pilot after vacating the runway. This is something I have seen in numerous videos of landings so I assume it’s somewhat realistic.

Also, I’m quite sure you’ll get taxiways. At least when you specifically request taxi over the ground frequency rather than the automatically assigned taxi. As you described above it doesn’t really matter.
Furthermore I’m sure the ribbon is working. I personally keep it turned of as I let the other pilot handle it.

1 Like

So you don’t use taxi ribbons but tell me they are working? Come on…
Well, I use it and I can tell it’s not working on some addon airports. I do request a gate with the according ground freq. And I described above what happend. Did you even read it fully?
Actually I don’t understand why you answered anyway. You tell me “…nah, I’m sure it’s working…” Ok, you’re right. I just posted because I feel so alone. Please my friend, take others a bit more serious.

Your suggestion to hand over to the co pilot is a good one though. Will try that. Btw: in real life, most of the times the co hands the taxi over to the captain (if the co has flown the aircraft). Because it’s the capatins responsibility to avoid sratches in the plane. With more experience, the co will taxi by himself eventually.

Yes. I used the for a time and figured they are disturbing my immersion so I turned them off and went for the co-pilot approach to my taxi problem.
I occasionally turn them on in case the AI pilot gets confused. Which happens at times.

It’s not that hard to comprehend. :wink:

OMG. Just don’t bother me anymore. Please.

What’s your problem exactly? I tried to help, yet you start insulting me. Why?

3 Likes

I just bought this airport in the marketplace too and it’s exactly as you wrote. No meaningful gate from ATC and no taxi ribbon. But it is clearly a 3rd party problem because beforehand this was fine at this airport. I’m going to write to the publisher (Bredok3d) and hopefully it will be fixed in a future release of this addon.

2 Likes

It’s strange, since even some one-man freeware devs do it correctly. I’m overall a bit disappointed by EDDH. It looks a bit like a default airport. And what are the firetrucks doing all over the place?

Another example is EDDT (marketplace). The numbers of the gates, given by ATC, are totally wrong. I wonder if ATC gets them from a default nav file or from the addon scenery.

Unfortunately I bought EDDH in Marketplace and I am very disappointed. The default airport was almost better. Pushback without vehicle. The terminals are unlit at night and I have seen the overall graphics better elsewhere. So a quick and extensive update is necessary!

1 Like

You didn’t listen to his question. He was asking why people are creating substandard airports. In a roundabout way.

Basically, he just purchased EDDH, and the developer didn’t label the taxiways by the nomenclature. So when he asks to be sent to parking, ATC just tells him to taxi to parking. This happens, he believes, because none of the taxiways are labeled, at least none of them between where he is and where the parking he’s being told to go to is, such as A, B, C, etc.

3 Likes

ATC gets them from how the taxiways are labled in the airport. When you create a taxipath by connecting two taxiway points, all taxipaths have an optional “label” field, which you would assign appropriately based on the Airport Diagram from the FAA, etc…

2 Likes

And you guys bought this from the Marketplace in MSFS, the one supported by Microsoft? Who’s the author, and how did they get it in there? I thought the allowed vendors was pretty limited?

Thanks for your remarks. I had exactly that in mind. EDDH was the worst airport I bought from marketplace. Normally marketplace airports are pretty well made. But this one, I asked myself how this did get through QA. It’s from someone called “Bredok3d”. I will be cautious buying stuff from him/them in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up.

By the way, it’s not hard at all to label taxipaths. In fact, you can either label them individually as you create them, or at any time; or, create all of them, and then select all the path pieces at once for a given taxiway, and name them with a single command.

The other thing people do is not create runway taxipaths, and then connect them into the airport taxiway network. Or they create parking spots, but don’t connect them to the taxi network.

1 Like

Hallo, gibt es für Bredok3D auch einen Support??? Weil Mich, das auch nervt mit dem Taxi Band, weiß nicht mal Wohin, hatte B47b als Gate bekommen und weiß nicht mal wo er ist, laut Flugplatz Plan von Jeppsen Chart PDF Neben der Startbahn 33 gesehn!
Ist das einmal möglich das der Entwickler das mal Korregiert!
Mal am Gate eine Bezeichnung hinbekommt? Schlißlich Bezahlt man sowas und will nicht nur Müll geliefert bekommen!

Bitte seht von Beileid´s Bekundungen ab und auch von Geistigen Müll!!! Nur zu dem Thema ernst gemeint ist!!! Hilfreich auch eine Support Anschrift
Gruß Thorsten

This is his support Email

giovambattista.loria@yahoo.it

I would appreciate if you write him.