Is Orbx London City Pack finally useable with WU3?

Good evening!

I just wonder… i havent installed it since i installed WU4 cause it caused problems. Are meanwhile patches out that are compatible with it? And does it give London any + visually now?

Yes its fine, I put it back on recently.

1 Like

Ok so i give it a try thx

I fly with it daily, no issues afaik.

EGLC has one building with missing walls but thats all I’ve noted if you also use their airport.

1 Like

Oh No i cant install it cause i have got the Marketplace Version and it crashes the sim :frowning: … its the same sh… like with other addons.

Hope this will be sorted out tomorrow…

1 Like

Is it better than the default? I haven’t re-installed it since WU4

Same here… the marketplace version was last updated on the 17th of may! According to this post on Orbx forums on August 13th it was submitted to microsoft to be updated in the store but it still hasn’t been published yet… That’s the last time I buy anything on the marketplace!

2 Likes

yeah, Orbx fixed the issues. Sadly, for those of us that bought via the marketplace, MS has not updated it there. So we continue to be screwed. Why have 3rd party add-ons if the companies that make them fix them after MS screws them up and MS can’t be bothered to put the fixed version online. This is absolutely asinine!!!

3 Likes

I’m inclined to agree with what you’re saying.

I have been waiting patiently for the updated product to hit the marketplace but it’s getting tedious.

There needs to be a better system put in place for this. It should NOT take so long for updates to come through when we have already paid for an item, we should be able to use it, simple as.

Really Microsoft? Over a month waiting and still no joy.

2 Likes

They have to be transcoded to MS together with an extra security level and then tested before they get released in the store and in case you haven’t noticed MS have been busy with the Xbox release and the fixes for the breakages it caused and also the DACH update. I reckon 3rd party mods are hardly likely to be a priority right now but I imagine things should get better soon

1 Like

I’m sure the team that focus on development and fixes are different to the team that approve marketplace content! There is a clear and obvious delay in their process which will only hurt sales of future products in the marketplace as others will have the same impression as me and say why bother!

1 Like

Yes probably but they also have MS products and others to fix. And anyway there will always be a delay for the reasons mentioned above and as the sim is not yet stable they will be in no hurry to have to fix it twice. Orbx have taken that chance.

What sucks is that if you bought via Orbx you are good to go. You can get the update. It sucks because Orbx states they have no clue you actually bought it (via the marketplace) thus they won’t help you if you did it that way. I think there MUST be a way for them to know you own it, no matter who you bought it from. Thus, the ORBX Central app should be able to read that you own it and update it.

2 Likes

While I get Orbx not wanting to set a precedent on Marketplace product purchases being automatically added to your Orbx account, I think they need to fix London landmarks since it was made available before any others in MSFS. Many of us that bought it through Marketplace had no clue you could buy direct from Orbx or what restrictions there would be for updates. Orbx should simply state that any users owning the early products, simply send a screenshot to them of the marketplace or some other proof of ownership and a license will be granted on their site. They are losing customers over this pettiness. Just help us Orbx without us having to buy it twice.

1 Like

Before this debacle I asked them about merging my Orbx products…they said they won’t do that. However, I believe if ENOUGH of us actually contact Orbx and include your proof of ownership at the same time maybe they will get it and allow it, even if just for this one item. Though, I would send them everything you own and ask for them to just move them all. The worst they can say is no. But if no one contacts them and we all just WISH they would do it…well, they don’t know they need to do it. :slight_smile: I’m contacting them right after posting this message.

1 Like

That is what FSDreamteam has done with their Switzerland mesh addon. They give you a free copy from their website, after you showed them that you already paid for the marketplace version.
No complicated stuff, just some goodwill…

3 Likes

Hi, just found out that the marketplace version of Landmarks London City Pack received an update👍

For me this solves a ‘freezing of the progressbar after pressing Fly’ - issue.
I can spawn now directly into egmc, eglc without a workaround🍻
Just wanted to share

Pretty sure that loading freeze is random, I’ve got the latest version of London as I bought it direct from Orbx and I still get the freeze from time to time. Just choose a different aircraft when exiting the sim, then when you next load chose the plane you really want to fly and the freeze will be gone.

Well, I had it everytime with the previous marketplace version, and I can assure you that I spent a lot of time finding a workaround. For me spawning at EBOS did the trick, then back to the main menu and reposition at EGLC or EGMC. Worked everytime. It is known that marketplace versions get updated later then when you buy directly from another publisher. IF you read through different fora, you will find out that there are some problems identified with deployment through the marketplace of addons.
So far I have not experienced freezes with the updated version. Hope it stays that way, but will keep your advice in mind