Is Reno dead?

After half a year of owning the Reno expansion I was able to enter a multiplayer quick match twice today! So far, I never got past the “fnding lobby” state. It always ends up in the “Unable to find a match” dialog.

So the first race had one other guy, it was pretty engaging but I had to quit the race after three laps because the P-51 suddenly got slower and slower until the engine stopped. Then it was three times crashing into the ground until I got fed up. In the second race we where three people and I was actually able to finish it.

I am playing in the “west europe” and the expension looks pretty dead to me. At least I got a couple planes that I never fly :slight_smile:

Based on only a few months usage, I would agree with you that the vast majority of attempts to find a quick match will result in “Unable to find…”. Not sure why, but it seems to be getting worse. I try on an almost daily basis and rarely get a race.

BTW, the problem you reported with P51 is intermittent and I think it applies to several of the various P51’s available. As I understand it, there is a fuel tank selector switch in the wrong position when you start the race. It’s right behind the stick and I believe you have to move it to the center position to have enough fuel available to finish an 8 lap race. Tricky, given the time you have available to safely accomplish that task. The problem doesn’t exist on the expansion P51’s that I fly (Strega & Voodoo), so I haven’t tried this, but maybe a controller switch can be set to do that switching task?

1 Like

There are a few organised groups doing stuff with it. Take a look here for starters and maybe get involved there to have a better chance of finding actual action!

Look / search in the Events category on the forum too. There is definitely some regular hosted races happening but I have not tried.