Is steam out? (Sept 21)

I’m putting the date in the title of this post, that way if it reappears later, people will know it’s not something new on a later date.

Here’s the question, is anybody else having problems connecting to Steam today? I’ve never had this happen until now, but I seem to be unable to connect to that platform. Every other website is fine so it is not something in my Internet connection.

Not necessarily looking for a solution, just trying to assess if it is something more widespread or local to me.

2 Likes

Same here…■■■■, now that I can play cause nobody is around

1 Like

Yeah, its out!

1 Like

The application won’t even start, I double click on the icon and nothing happens. ■■■■ I hate this online :ox: :poop:

3 Likes

Out for me too.

According to a twitter feed, some issues:
https://twitter.com/SteamStatus?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

2 Likes

OK this just appeared about 5 mins after I tried opening the app.

steam

Out of interest where is everyone located?

1 Like

Seeing that notice too. Central Canada.

Oh oh oh… wait… the steam app just randomly opened for me. And its online. I’m in Australia :australia:

1 Like

Now OK in Russia.

Still out for me. To be honest, if I had enough disk space I would consider re-installing an earlier simulator again to have as a back up. It just goes to show you how vulnerable our new Flight Simulation experience can be to factors beyond its control.

2 Likes

Exactly. Not just gaming but everything is dependent on an online connection. A very vulnerable existence right around the globe.

2 Likes

Agreed. This is a very strange time on multiple levels.

And… Steam just kicked back in. Time to fly!

My thanks to everybody who responded to this thread.

1 Like

Funnily enough I have not flown since before SU5 in July. Almost 2 months off and I was like “ok its time to fly again”, and I come back to that :rofl: At least it is working now.

1 Like

Mine is not working also! There is always something new with this game isn’t it! Are you guys back on? I am in California, USA.

1 Like

I am in UT and can’t do much either. It complained about not being able to sync with the Steam cloud but started. After that there was no marketplace connection and no Bing data in game. Now I can’t even get Steam connected.

1 Like

US East coast (ish) here, Steam has been down for a couple of hours at this point.

1 Like

Yep! I got the same!

Steam wouldn’t even open for me. I restarted the PC and now it’s working.
In Michigan-US.

Back on for me! Hope it’s working for everyone now!