Is the Asobo 787 flyable yet

Are you guys still having atc/altitude problems?

That is blasphemy! They need to fix that at once and revert to the Boeing system. Never been a fan of the Airbus style and if they’ve copy-pasted it onto the 787 then …wehhhhhh :frowning:

1 Like

I have never had any issue with it (at least these last few months- not sure when you last flew it). Pre-configured before take off and activating autopilot immediately after runway climbs to FL and gets me to my destination with zero effort. All I need to do is adjust altitude on descent and turn on the locator and glide slope for ILS landings.

It literally flies itself from runway to runway if it is set up properly pre-flight. Obviously IFR flights.

I use it almost exclusively. Flew it Toronto to Shanghai yesterday for 13 hours and all I had to do was adjust altitude on descent to ensure I hit the locator and glide slope.

Cheers

More complex than that. The plane is licensed to MS to use by IP holders and they pay the trademark holders royalties based on sales, and they lose their ability to track properly they have said.

Irrespective, they have confirmed that this is something that will never happen, now or in the future. People are beating a dead horse on this topic in particular. I’m not disagreeing with your suggestion or anything and mean no disrespect, it’s just moot at this point.

Cheers

1 Like

I hope MS is increasing the pressure on the 787 developers to deliver an acceptable realistic product.

2 Likes

I would suggest to wait for 3rd party 787. Unless you simply wanted an eye candy and something easy to fly.

The 787 is the aircraft I fly most and I find it very usable. IFR flight on AP works very well including ILS approaches. Even flying manually is quite manageable. I can’t comment on the flight model as I’ve never flown the real thing :blush:. Only issue is since SU5 many of the aircraft features/controls don’t work such as the HUD, main battery switch, fuel switches, etc., etc…

1 Like

All switches and the HUD are working on my install.
It’s the broken FD and AT logic, completely wrong thrust reverser animation and lack of indication etc. which are so annoying.

I can’t adjust the autopilot heading manually…it gets stuck on hold…is anyone else having the same issue?

I have the same problem on the 747 also.

1 Like

Confirm you have pushed SEL on the heading buttton?
HDG SEL FMA on the PFD?
HOLD button not illuminated?

Yes - I press SEL but the hold button (and light) gets stuck on…

For those struggling with the 787, I recommend giving this a thorough read. When configured like this it is absolutely effortless and works and flies like a Dream.

Are you using the legacy controls?
AFAIK with the other method there can be problems with push/pull commands.

You scrolled through your guide, very nice
(but could be updated due to the significant changed speed tape indications)

Correction on the autoland part: No default aircraft in MSFS can perform an autoland!

It’s essential that you disengage the AP (and AT) latest at ~100ft.

It’s not my guide, but studied it and mostly follow it, and watched the approach and landing videos, and don’t usually have any issues anymore. I leave AP on so it does the flare for me (it’s so sensitive that I usually over-flare and trigger a float) but turn auto throttle off at ~5NM out from the runway and bring my speed way down otherwise it has me coming in way too hot.

That said, does require occasional intervention. But mostly pretty smooth sailing. I’ll experiment with turning it off and see how it goes.

Cheers

The AP doesn’t flare on any default aircraft.

Landing the 787 manually is easy:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/787-final-approach-and-landing-guide-1-16-2-0/285976?u=pzl104

Pretty fly and useable for me, with and witout a mod…

cheers

The B787 is doing quite well for me, what has come out in some liveries for a few days are airplanes like this, the wings come out checkered, I suppose it will be a livery error but I have removed them I have put them again I have put others and nothing, they come out like this, does anyone know what it could be?

However, others work out for me, I can’t find the error

That means livery wasn’t made compatible with SU5.

Yes it’s perfectly flyable. Everything is working quite nicely considering it’s a default aircraft.