Is the Flight Model of the MSFS 2020 realistic or do we need a completly rewrite?

https://fenixsim.com/

You could be eating your words very soon :sweat_smile: Besides, in the feedback snapshot something new popped up, regarding weather and scenery. Let’s not gatekeep too much before we know for certain.

Thanks for this and the previous. This is pretty much how I have come to understand and view MSFS 2020 and XP11 generally as well. For me personally, as a non-IRL-pilot, I tried XP 11 and it just didn’t have the same effect as MSFS 2020 has. With the FBW a320 is my favourite plane here, planning to check the 747 with the salty mod this weekend.

1 Like

He spent 70 GBP on 1 plane only for X plane. You’ll have to compare his experience with the PMDG 737 e.g. (coming later this year) and not with the stock planes. Then you should use a stock plane in xplane as well.

2 Likes

Except for one thing: VR can not implement physical controls. You can’t touch them if virtual and you can’t see them if physical. This is why REAL simulators never use VR. VR is a fun, gamey thing to play with but it is not the most accurate simulation experience.

This plane looks very promising. But imagine what they could do with it if mfs opened up their weather to third parties, added a button, named real wind conditions, and all sorts of limitations that are a headache for aircraft developers. It will surely get better in time but in the meantime… then too many things around break the immersion other than flight fidelity, like entering a vor frequency that doesn’t exist in the games, non-existent vectors, wrong runway names, wrong taxiways and parking, ( it’s off topic, but even with the best planes in the game, all this breaks a bit all the beauty of the game and the accuracy of the flight model that it is the most accurate possible to do in the games)

1 Like

Oh yes your right. i get influenced by some post and meenings over the flight model here. And also i got influenced by birdsee007s meaning over xp11 and msfs 2020. So changed my meaning a bit taht xp11 is better. but i overthinked this and i regonized that isnt my meanig its only a meanig which i got trought the influencing. But when i completly ask me self and forgot the influecing meaning. Then is my meaning about the msfs 2020 that is the realistic and beautifulst simulator that i ever had.

1 Like

What do you think of this?

1 Like

It is very well, :slight_smile: I hope and I wish it, do not be mistaken, I find fantastic mfs, it has an immense potential, little to be I am too pressed, and little to be too pessimistic, but I remain on my guard with the portance on Xbox, that the copy of pc is the same ones as on Xbox, even if the base of Xbox is a pc in a mini box, the console will be quickly limited and I presume, that they limit voluntarily not disadvantaged the Xbox which has much more interest for Microsoft For ms their only goal is to be at the top of sales and exceeded ps, but it is not yet won, and I am afraid that it is a limitation for many years like fsx, p3d, and x plane. We’ll see.

what does a terrain api? can some one tell me it?

That’s not what @ImDrako2132 was asking for. What you quoted in the screenshot is related to the weather and terrain radar. Please see Implement weather and terrain API’s for aircraft developers to implement accurate radar, predictive windshear, EGPWS, and METAR/wind uplink

What he was asking for is this:

2 Likes

What are you talking about?

Weather and Terrain API’s are a big step forward in that regard, are you disputing that?

2 Likes

definitely not. a proper, built-in weather and terrain api will take the weather radar aspect of MSFS to the next level, but it’s not what @ImDrako2132 was talking about.

1 Like

It’s what I meant though and what I replied to. I’m aware that the weather is not open to 3rd parties, this was announced long ago, and while it’s not what we want, it doesn’t mean that the weather can’t be done properly. I admit, though, not having Hifisim/Active sky is a loss, and it would be nice to see a change in the future regarding this. My guess is that they are contractually bound to meteoblue, and this being part of the reason, but thats pure speculation on my part, I have no data supporting this.

1 Like

As the current owner of two of the aircraft available in the sim (one stock and one third party), I will tell that aside from ground handling to an extent (crosswinds specifically), the flight model of the sim is very good. Very good. And most of the people telling you it isn’t aren’t real-world pilots, but they did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

1 Like

Sorry if I misunderstood, English and I are one and a half :joy:

Nothing to apologize whatsoever, I’m also no native english speaker :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol I did this last year when the game first came out.

You are right, as I said above, I rely on the feedback of real pilots to judge the veracity of the flight model, not being a pilot. But I can still judge some of my experience in comparison to other opus. I like the 152 and the dr400 asobo and my dc 6 with which I enjoy, I like to stall by taking off in saint marteen by shaving too close the mountain and crashed it was a fantastic experience, even if I died! :joy: but going through, thunderstorms with the plane having a few air holes of 1000 feet per minute max according to the VS needle and flying crosswind with turning winds making the tail of the plane wiggle from left to right but really weakly, or doing a complete straight flight with a crosswind, for the moment I didn’t have the feeling of flying in a crab like x-plane makes me feel, except on landing, indeed it happens several times to be obliged to compensate with the rudder before touching the wheels on the ground . So effectively the management of the winds near a relief or runway must be better managed when altitude.

I do have some centerline correction to do and SU5 did offer some nice updates. But I’m still not convinced this is truly modeled accurately, especially in multi engine.

Interesting discussion. IRL former lead aircraft engineer at a major OEM and pilot, I’m not sure whether it doesn’t exist in msfs flight dynamics or insufficiently modeled. What I expect out of the sim: regardless of whether flight characteristic is “good” or not, if the real plane flies a certain way, I expect the simulator to model it, especially if within the normal flight envelope.

Another thing that’s missing: downwash.

In calm weather, if performing a turn about a point, 360deg, you should feel a bump as you roll level from hitting your own wake turbulence exiting the maneuver. This is a very small thing, but I was taught to look for it during my flight training.

2 Likes