Is there a GPS obsession?

Exactly. Three or four of us have asked this already and still no clarification. The Garmin is all we get.

The aircraft if the default Caravan which may suggest the Nxi but somehow I think it may be the GNS that is meant. Without clarification we are just guessing.

This post could have been so much productive if instead of posting about a strong personal preference in such detail, the actual issue was described clearly. We still don’t know which Garmin addon is OP talking about. Ofcourse there could be a bug somewhere, but instead of discussing that, we are discussing or posting about how one can fly with or without digital aids which I believe is not the problem. Also, doesn’t the default caravan use g1000, now G1000nxi? So is localiser being tuned in that unit and somehow tracking is not working?

1 Like

I think the OP is talking about how the early access WT 530/430 makes the GTN650/750 inoperative. But since the WT code is going to become native to the sim, that’s an issue for PMS’s 430/530 and 650/750 addon to fix.

@CynicalLake3917 Just an FYI, the WT 430/530 is optional, and early access for now. If you found a bug, please go to the WT Discord server, and report it. :+1:

2 Likes

I find ILS issues are about 60% my error. But no matter the avionics, there are just those weird times where it just doesn’t seem to work

I seem to have replied to this several times. The FREE one

1 Like

They are both free.

Is it so hard to just say which one?

no not at all I just didnt realize there is another free garmin. Just followed the advice from MS.
but the one I had installed and deleted was the G1000 NXI Working Title Simulations.
Having said that, I have little desire to try the other one which I gather is still a work in progress.
however if someone can confirm that this allows normal basic Localizer and glideslope interception and autopilot coupled approach without having to load a complete flight plan then sure I will try it.
Never too old to learn.

Ok. now I understand. Sorry.

But, your referring to any WT Mod as a “work in progress” is very wrong.
A “work in progress” is insulting.

You may have deleted the Working Title G1000 NXI mod but you didn’t delete
the WT G1000 NXI.
It is now in FS2020 as default.
Any plane that uses the G1000 uses it.

I only fly he WT CJ4 which uses the Collins Pro Line 21 avionics system.

Maybe someone can confirm that the WT GNS 430/530 mod could
maybe be suitable for you.

When did GTN ever get mentioned. The only info I saw was Caravan and Garmin. We are just guessing until the OP states clearly the information.

Ok so we now finally know it’s just that extra NXi for the add ons to use that is being talked about. Again I have this combination and it works as I expect. Not sure what the OP is doing wrong.
BTW you don’t need to do all what you posted here to fly an ILS. You can simply ignore the FMS part and just dial in the frequency and make sure the CDI is selected to whatever radio you are using for that frequency which will be either Nav1 or Nav2. It’s that simple.

1 Like

Agree. I was more concerned about seeing if it would fly a full IFR approach.
Regards

I have been flying coupled approaches for years. The OP isnt doing anything wrong. The OP knows how to execute a couple approach.
All I said was that removing the g1000 from the content manager has resolved the issue and planes now correctly intercept both localiser and glideslope and linked with the approach engaged, also making sure one keeps a nice glideslope, all is well.

Thanks for this but you have described in detail how to set up a flight in a Garmin which misses my point.
but as I wrote in another post, I am fully aware of the coupled approach procedure and have been flying them for years.
Deleting the g1000 from the content manager has resolved my issue,
It is all really that I was after. Yes I know that this g1000 is default in the planes. I merely indicated what resolved my issue which is all I was interested in.

Until you get an add-on that requires it again then it will be back to square one. Like a few of us have said already there is nothing inherently wrong with having it installed so although this solved your particular issue this time it’s possible something else in your community folder is somehow linking them to cause an issue.

I have come to realize that many posters have not read or not fully understood my original post. There seems to be an assumption that I cant get the Garmin to work.
This is not so. I dont use the Garmin at all.
I thought that my description in my original post would be obvious I am using and flying a VOR Coupled Approach. I assumed that this would be recognised. I dont use the Garmin.
A Vor navigation coupled approach requires only a NAV radio, and an OBS indicator and possibly Auto Pilot and an understanding of radicals, VOR beacons, vertical Speed, glide sloop, localized frequencies.
In short, it is fun as a pilot.
It is the basic actual flying and navigating a pilot used to do before GPS etc.
This is why my original post, described by some as a long Preamble but maybe not long enough, was part of the post.
There are lots of tutorials online for those interested in learning this.
It was this that the Garmin seemed to interfere with.
How, I dont know. Removing it solved my issue.
For the record I do not buy third party add ons outside the Market Place.

When Asobo will provide realistic thermal weather (it is not realistic in SU11) you will love gliders. - there is no autopilot, gps only shows your position on map and you are constantly like actually flying and busy observing and thinking how to navigate to gain more “fuel” (height) and at the same time go to the planned destination. I did 4 hrs flights in msfs with unofficial gliders in the Alps and enjoyed every minute, I tried to fly in Alps with Cessna and was bored like after 5 minutes after take off.

More confusion. I think perhaps it is you who either does not read back your own posts or doesn’t fully understand what it is they are writing about.

You said you were flying the default Caravan and that only has the Garmin as you call it (G1000 Nxi to be correct). The Nav radio is part of said Garmin so yes you you do use it in the Caravan at least.
For future reference, it helps when asking for help that you rely the important information so anyone trying to give an answer can do so logically rather than having to fill in the missing bits with guess work. You clearly didn’t do that and then tried to suggest everyone else didn’t understand.

2 Likes

CFIs have said they can spot a home “simmer” right away on the first flight as they are head-down so much and have to be constantly reminded to look outside.

These games are lots of fun no doubt but they can foster bad habits that can carry over into the real world. Just be aware is what I tell people going from MSFS/XP11/P3D into real world flying.

2 Likes

No I dont use it. You really need to learn about VOR navigation before you post. Respectfully.
Nowhere have I written that I use a GPS. I merely commented that the Garmin in my content manager interfered with my VIR navigation.
Yes I did not spell rgat out but gave a detailed description of my procedure. I assumed that from that it was obvious that I was talking about VOR NAVIGATION and a VOR coupled approach. Obviously not. So be it. AS this has now descended into personal comments rather than the issue involved, I am done.

2 Likes

OK, so, on the issue I thought this thread was about: Can anyone who likes to fly The Premium default C172 (old style gauges) and who has installed the WT GNS 430/530 beta units, please try a flight into KFMY ILS05 and see if Approach mode works for you?
I flew from KSRQ to KFMY at 3500 feet, directly to the ADF that is due west of runway 05 and since I had already verified multiple ILSs working as they should, I wanted to see if approach mode worked as I thought it should (which is what I thought this thread was about) and, even though I was below the ILS, it didn’t lock on and start a descent automatically. I’m not a real pilot and its probably user error as I don’t usually use approach mode - I just tune in an ILS and then hand fly it in - but this thread made me want to try it and it didnt work so if anyone else who knows more about what they are doing could try it Id be interested in the results.
Note that my KSRQ is an addon but KFMY is default.