Is there a way to see the air flow lines in SU8, that Seb was showing from the Twitch Q&A from a month ago?

Hi. Is there a way to see the air flow lines in SU8, that Seb was showing us in the Twitch Q&A from a month ago when he demoed the new prop physics and CFD changes coming? I went to Dev Mode but I can’t find the option to show the air flow lines. Or is this something that we can only access in SU9?

It’s been in the dev mode for a long time, I’ve looked at it before, but I don’t remember where it is.

Edit:
dev mode > new project (give it any name) > tools > aircraft editor > debug > sim forces

1 Like

Really? I’m in Dev Mode now, I can’t seem to find it though. I checked the “Options” drop down, doesn’t seem to be anything under “Options” that shows the air flow lines. Is it hidden somewhere else?

I may be wrong, sorry. I assume it would show in the same place as the airflow effect on surface area.

1 Like

dev mode > new project (give it any name) > tools > aircraft editor > debug > sim forces

1 Like

Oh cool, thanks! I guess it only shows the vertical upward and downward forces at the moment, rather than the longer horizontal air flow lines that travel from the head of the plane to the tail of the plane. I guess we won’t see these longer horizontal air flow lines until SU9.

1 Like

the longer lines (wind/airflow) are part of the new CFD model, which will release in SU9. SU8 was just the new prop model.

2 Likes

Yup. I’ll look for the horizontal airflow lines that run from the head to tail of the airplane in SU9. My guess is that it will probably also be found around Dev Mode → tools > aircraft editor > debug > sim forces, if they put it there in SU9.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.