Is there any way to run this game stutter-free on the SX?

Okay, I appreciate the fact that it’s free to try out on gamepass but I’m slowly investing in the game as I’ve already bought two jets and looking forward to upgrading my aircraft and location add-on collection.

Problem is, since world update 10, the game has gotten really stuttery. Textures not loading on time, with the ground a blurry mesh or buildings looking like melted blobs and the fps hiccuping so much that it completely breaks the immersion, fun factor and sense of speed… Yes, I’m mostly flying fighter jets at around or above Mach 1.

Even at slower cruising speeds, the hiccups do not go away. Italian cities and the old-time offender London City all stutter like mad.

The SX can easily handle what you throw at it… I’ve got dozens and dozens of games running flawlessly on my console from day one, but MSFS20 doesn’t feel true gen to me simply because of performance issues.

I’ve tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling all world updates, free add-ons and the two planes I bought. I’ve tried deleting the rolling cache and playing the game without it, and, I’ve tried playing the game with rolling cache enabled, experimenting with the default 8gb and going all the way up to 128gb.

Nope, nothing helps. I’ve also done a full hard reset of my console but I do a full shutdown and cold boot every time anyway. And, there’s 40% free space on my internal!

So, now what? Feel like uninstalling it and trying other games that run 100% without hiccups.

Since I have a PC and the Series X, I’ve actually been toying with the idea of just deleting the sim from my Xbox and focusing on PC. I actually have had the chance to explore some other games I wanted to on GamePass. It is a fun break to go check something else out while the Series X MSFS issues may be looked at.

atm no, and the future isn’t that bright since it’s an issue they won’t aknwoledge it seems

1 Like

Not even in there recent q&a live stream?

Funny, I’ve had the opposite feeling.

My PC is a four year-old Razer (which was 2 years-old when the sim launched) and it has lost performance with SU9. It’s stuttering, has erratic FPS and the fans howl like a banshee.

I’ve read a number of threads where PC users are having to lower LODs to get the sim back to where it was performance-wise with SU8.

My experience on the Xbox Series X continues to be way better.

However, I know there are many Xbox users who are livid with how the sim is performing now, too.

1 Like

you might want to try, some time ago i decided to install it on my pc sure of disastrous performance and it turned out okay, graphics not on par with the series x (though i suspect that most of it comes from the old itself than the xbox) but no stutters or freezes. As today i fly 99 percent of the time on pc because i can’t stand the omnipresent stutters and freezes and planes are simply better being ga or airliners.

My hope though is always a healthy sim on xbox because that’s where i want to play