Is there anyway to recreate Flightradar24 data playback in MSFS

Hello,

Sky Dolly has flight track import capabilities, among them Flightradar24, both in CSV and KML formats.

There are a few limitations that I intend to fix in future iterations, among them:

• Limited „flight augmentation“ model, that is flaps, gears and bank angle etc. are recreated in a very naive manner for now
  • Aircraft may hover over ground or even sink below ground when at airports (this is due to „different reference points“ regarding altitude, simply put)

However basic path replay works. You can even immediately start a „formation flight“ by flying next to the imported „AI aircraft“, or import many diffferent take-offs and landings from various CSV / KML files (hint: use the „Import directory“ option“), in order to recreate „a busy day at my favourite airport“ (the import even has an optonal „timestamp synchronisation“ feature).

And of course you can export your own recorded flights into all those formats as well - including KML for Google Earth anf IGC (mostly used by gliders).

Sky Dolly is a free (open source) flight recorder / replay tool, including a location manager module with „cold & dark start“ support.

Read all about it here:

Disclaimer: I am the author of Sky Dolly.

2 Likes