Is there really no way to view % for instruments anymore?

Turn off that new display in the assistance menu (other threads here have screenshots) and you should get the old way back.

This new thing seems geared to Xbox and rank newbies. In the PC world, the old tooltips worked well.

3 Likes

I want to turn off all the POI’s too. My entire sky is covered with little dots for cities/neighborhoods and airports. No clue how to get rid of it

Also in the assistance menu.

Try OPTIONS then ASSISTANCE There should be a way to turn these Settings on or off.

What I did was changed it to the “Legacy” option, if that’s what you’re talking about, and it still does not show tooltips. All I get is the name of the instrument but not the actual readout of the altimeter setting or CDI reading. Which threads are you referring to?

4 Likes

Workaround.

Options > general options > accessibility > cockpit interaction system
Select LOCK and save changes.

Go to options > controls options > mouse
select default profile and save changes

image image image

source
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/legacy-mode-when-interacting-with-cockpit-instruments-switches-got-nerfed/426668/5

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/legacy-mode-when-interacting-with-cockpit-instruments-switches-got-nerfed/426668/10

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

You’re welcome.
Fly safe capt!

I think that’s more related to flight dynamics but I could be wrong?

This doesn’t fix the Legacy mode. The preferred mode by most. Percentages still do not appear like they did before this update.

1 Like

I know :wink:

Hope they fix it ASAP.

5 Likes

Same here. Legacy mode does not fix it. I haven’t found any option that does. Would love to have the old pre-update-5 tooltips back.

3 Likes

Sorry I should have clarified, yes I am trying to view this info in legacy mode. I understand how lock and the new controls work.

Sounds like it’s an oversight then, I’m sure this will be fixed in the near future. Disappointing but appreciate the responses

I DO NOT like the new UI. I feel like they put so much energy into getting this out for xbox that they sort of screwed us PC users. I was really looking forward to this update but now I just want it the way it was before SU5 update. Did they not test this before release? Not only is it the problem mentioned above but I usually use my mouse, right click and hold to look around at instruments to make adjustments, while flying but now I lose functionality of my HOTAS while using my right mouse button. I really hope they address these and other issues soon.

7 Likes

They may have but got no feedback against this (wrong testers), or they did test, got negative feedback and ignored it, or they simply didn’t test it, or they needed to include this feature for Xbox, knew it would be bad on PC, and did it anyway because they were pressured by the Xbox launch.

It’s life in the real world when giant corporations, marketing, and bean counters all work together to maximize profits and the programmers and customers suffer for it. There aren’t enough resources and goals and objectives are driven by the bottom line.

But it’s also basically impossible to get zero error code on something this complex. It may just be an oversight. We’re lucky it even runs. :grin:

1 Like

No, you’re right. It is impossible to get zero error codes, especially taking into account that there are so many different systems with different settings, etc.

The first response for many users is to lash out instantly, myself included especially. I’ve had zero problems with the sim until this recent update. So many things changed and/or broke that it’s easy to get upset given some of us spend so much time in the sim. I do hope they fix it. Even better would be to acknowledge that they know about it and are working on it. I’d much rather see things fixed i.e. weather, bridges underwater, ATC, AI traffic, etc. than see new implementations.

My philosophy is fix the broken first, then add new features. But hey, I’m just a nobody playing a sim.

2 Likes

Changing cockpit interaction mode to legacy still does not show the percentages for things like throttle and mixture on the tooltips.

Of course in real life for most aircraft you don’t have a way of seeing an exact percentage for such things either, so I am trying to be philosophical about this, but it was undeniably helpful at times.

I wish legacy displayed things the way they used to. Hopefully they fix legacy to work the way it did pre-SU5.

2 Likes

I dont understand - why cant they develop the xbox version with the clunky tool tips and have a seperate version for PC that can utilise higher amounts of ram etc. We need two versions, not one with the pc one being dumbed down for xbox with tool tips that fit on a 70inch widescreen tv!

6 Likes

Arguably, having percentages shown like the old implementation is more “dumbed down” since obviously you don’t get any such indication when you pull the lever in a real plane.