Is this game even playable now?

I haven’t even tried flying since the latest patch. After reading all the bad reviews didn’t know if it was even still possible or not. Maybe tonight but have no idea what plane to even try, from what I’m reading all of them are pretty much trashed.

5 Likes

was kind of but not anymore, more patches more broken stuff, wait 6 month.

8 Likes

I’m able to fly around and enjoy the sim just fine.

27 Likes

Playable yes, but it needs fixes not more content.

14 Likes

Another day, another flight and another crash after 1 hour of flight.
PC specs I9 10900K GPU RTX 3080 64GM RAM.
It’s not possible to complete a flight on this sim.

8 Likes

Mines definitely not. Was playing just fine with no major issues. After patch. FPS is stuck on like 11 FPS. Read somewhere else that this could be a peripheral issue. Not sure but it sucks. This game is trash.

Edit: Hardware is 10700k and evga 2070 super ftw and 32 GB of ram.

1 Like

It’s different with anyone, some have better performance, some have worse, you honestly just have to start the game up again and see for yourself if it has become better or worse.

7 Likes

Crashes and freezes started happening for me and it’s annoying.

3 Likes

I was getting some and I believed it to be part of the rolling cache because the crashes only happened when I got close to an area I flew frequently. I deleted my rolling cache and disabled it (I have no cap internet) and that fixed it for me.

Stick to the single props and you’ll be fine… Well other than seeing real weather that is… :wink:

1 Like

They are sooooo WORTHLESS. Just paid $125 for Premium and can’t even access the content because it “does not work on this device,” (due to issue with Windows update and the game. They make both!!! How ■■■■■■■ hard is it to make both work with each other!!! Filing a chargeback. Worthless pieces of TRASH. I wish I could really let them have it on here.

2 Likes

You can give it a shot! … we have some that are playing without issues but others cant even download, so you should see if its ok for you

1 Like

Not for me, I have installed from first release patch after patch, never had a ctd, errors or problems people are discussing. Did several flights up to last night with the tbm, cessna jet, a320. Please, 1. Read the patch notes and follow instructions, 2.dont ever fiddle with your system like silly overclocking, bios etc, update your Windows, system and graphics drivers. 3. Check your language settings, antivirus, and 4. Check your present isp and Internet connection as well as completely empty your community folder of mods, liveries etc when updating. Been doing that and never had a problem with it. Really enjoying my flying!!

5 Likes

Still have the common asobo bugs with the planes, but nothing major to get me annoyed. Imo, lots of improvements have been made though. And everyone’s pc setup is different, hence the many issues

1 Like

I’ve had no performance issues other than an occasional stutter. No crashes or freezes in over 100 hours. I’m on a fairly old pc, gtx 1070 i5 6600k @4.4. 1080p everything on high except I like clouds on ultra and depth of field turned off. Sometimes I feel like I’m playing a different sim compared to what I’m reading in the forums.
Not trying to discredit the people having issues, I feel for them and hope they’re eventually able to get it to play without crashes and be stable, just saying your mileage may vary.
I don’t fly the airliners either so I can’t comment on that.

5 Likes

Playable for me. Yes there are issues but nothing that I can’t work around or live with for a little while. Also, I only play props which I hear are less bugged than the jets.

1 Like

Absolutely! I fly mainly the piston props and ga jets like the cj4. Never had problems with any of them. The tbm flies great now, and taxiing is a dream!

1 Like

And I don’t put too many mods, or liveries in my sim either. I’m very frugal and sensible with addons. Enjoy only what you need. Sometimes the mods mess up your sim

2 Likes

Pls all!

If we all start different and not friendly help to others, with real problem description it’s way to hell. Don’t do this. We need to be hard and precise to report all problems what we have, I’m that one that don’t have problems like CTD, start and instability but it’s very sad that we all can’t play this sim as was declared, that’s true.

1 Like

only one CDT changing from drone to normal flight other than that all is very well for me and I a modest setup PC GTX 1070.