Is this game even playable now?

Same experience.
Never crashed before Patch1.
But since, any sigle flys ending with CTD.
System is up to date and sim is stock.
6700k, 32gb, 1080gtx

I agree that after the 3rd patch the game is simply unrecognizable and it has become almost impossible to fly in it. Bugs, problems with the autopilot, problems with the behavior of aircraft, crashes to the desktop, the graphics have become worse. As for me, either completely incompetent people work on patches in Asobo, or they do it on purpose and purposefully.

1 Like

I still can’t get this sim to crash, what am I doing wrong? :thinking:

3 Likes

I am giving up for now - am really disappointed that I spent $120 on something I have believed in since the very first Flight Simulator! I have worked through several suggested “fixes” from the Zendesk with the same CTD results! Even a simple VFR flight of less than 40 minutes crashed when I was about 5 miles out on final. I agree with so many of the other posts - stop worrying about adding stuff and fix what you do have out!! On the positive side, the scenery and detail are just so much better on this than predecessors or XPlane!

Maybe you can post info,

what you really do with sim :slight_smile: To me only one thing that made CTD was load FLT (flight) with filled FPL but from 1.8.3.0 I can load flights (no FPL still there - BUG) and without CTD. Then I can say also, can’t init CTD now :slight_smile: Maybe you didn’t long flights…

No issues. Fly just about every night in some capacity. Mostly small planes/Bush trips/World Map hops & now Japan Tour with VFR map open on other monitor.

Doing South Pacific WW2 islands sight-seeing lately - interesting nostalgia.

Totally playable and enjoyable.

1 Like

Playable? I suppose that depends on your point of view. From reading the posts in the self help forum, it’s evident that the latest patch introduced a number of bugs rendering the game unplayable for many. For others, they can play the game, but core features are not functioning properly like the flight log. I’ll remain optimistic that the game will improve over time.

I’m sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. I suspect that English isn’t your first language so I genuinely admire your efforts at engaging in discussion in English , and it is indeed far better than my Slovenian, but perhaps a translator would be of benefit to you with more complex subjects. I believe @VeryOldPilot gave you a link to a good one on here earlier.

1 Like

The camera system is a show-stopper for me, I can’t use my saved view points without the viewpoint moving outside the cockpit or having to press it multiple times to get the proper viewing angle, zoom etc. Its such an annoyance, I did quit using FS2020 waiting for Asobo to finally fix this.

I`m not an idiot, I know that, BUT this issue should be an immediate hotfix, as anything that causes a CTD in a program or update is unacceptable. I was using sarcasm.

1 Like

I see that differently. It is a known bug > the bug can be worked around > no hotfix needed. Of course you have to read the patchnotes. But you should generally do that when an update comes.

1 Like

im flying since morning and had 0 crashes

2 Likes

I have always been positive, but that starts to change. A lot of planes have issues now. Mainly going up and down, left and right. Before that it was reasonably okay.

1 Like

I did read them, my point is a bug as serious as this one should be hotfixed as a priority, saying oh, theres a workaround use that till the next patch (when?) WOW. nuff said.

No problem,

I did for sure translation with Google for sure as test and all what I wrote is translated correctly to my mother language :wink: If you have problem to understand, you need to do other steps, I can’t help you with this sry…

I might call that unplayable, or at least frustrating enough to not want to play it. Fortunately, I have no such problems. Have never had the avionics shut off, nor had the autopilot not follow what has been programmed into the FMC.

That doesn’t happen to everyone although it seems to be a common enough problem. Try increasing the deadzone in all axes for your controller. I haven’t had to do that and have not experienced this issue since I mistakenly had 2 controllers installed at the same time. For others, I’ve heard setting a dead zone has worked.

The flight of the cessna caravan starts ok then the autopilot disappears. The Japan tour autopilot inop no tour possible. The airbus is a joke. I’m going back to x plane.

2 Likes

…must say i’ve also lost the buzz. not looking forward to firing up msfs anymore - first i check if there’s a hotfix or something. yeah yeah wishful thinking i guess.

2 Likes

Also one another point how people understand other people generally.

One of (I think I know from where that OldPilot comes from) ask me some time ago about sry that in our country was war! He probably missunderstand country and that country was probably yours, correct? Pls be kind then understand better…

I understand that this my post is offtopic but then most of other here also…