Isn't passengers part of the simulation as well?

Something i have never understood about flight simulators in general, MSFS and others.
its a mix of GA aircraft and airliners BUT no simulator actually simulates a airliners environment, working crew, happy/unhappy passengers. keeping the temps right and food stocked to last the length of the trip and so on.

FSpassangers did a OK job but I’m surprised flight simulator 2020 didn’t implement this as it could be a real simple thing to introduce and open up new doorways

1 Like

It seems like quite a requested feature so maybe its something they’ll add in the future, or at least give third parties the tools to develop themselves.

In this weeks Q+A they did elude to the fact that technically the sim is capable of a whole load of things that currently they just can’t add because it would kill performance. I guess adding passengers would fall into that category.

1 Like

I use PACX for the passengers and works very well.

1 Like

Hi @russflyin,
There are some wishlist #self-service:wishlist topics on this. The wishlist is community voting for adding, changing or removing features in MSFS.

Search results for ‘passengers category:163’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

I think people are requesting them as a visual add on though.

2 Likes

It‘s a good point for sure but IMO rather as an addon. I personally don‘t care about audible passengers as that‘s not my job as a pilot, I have a purser and FAs for that. Of course, feom time to time making decisions concerning a sick passenger for example would add something but this should (hence addon) be option for those who want it. Constantly being evaluated for total nonsense (FSPassengers) would rather spoil my fun.

4 Likes

It would be very easy to add them to aircraft with a visible cabin, we just need the models.

I’ve managed to add the copilot to other aircraft in a passenger seat. But their seating position sometimes means their feet stick through the seat in front of them.

If they could provide some in a seated position (with their feet down) it would be amazing, especially if it integrated with the weight and balance. 0 weight = 0 pax, >0 put a pax in that seat. A light, medium and heavy build for each would be excellent, but I can’t see them doing that with all the PC stuff nowadays…

1 Like

Aerosofts EDDK has passengers waiting and walking around in the terminal. This was also the first time I have seen passengers in a flight sim.
I also use PACX for passenger/crew sounds

does it affect FPS? I find it amazing that MSFS doesn’t seem to care about the copilot being added with a really good visual model but for example P3D really suffers from such an idea.

absolutely no effect on fps at least for me

1 Like

With the dev mode its dead easy to add passengers as a decoration to airports if you want to do that. I’ve done it to all the airports I love flying in and out of regularly in the sim. It just makes them a bit more alive and adds to the immersion.

I’d love to see them do it aircraft. Having a few extra people in something like the King Air or any of the bigger GA planes would be great. I don’t see why they don’t do this as I wouldn’t have thought it would impact performance much and it would look great for those that want it.

7 Likes

Thanks mate this is worth a look!

i’m not actually talking about modelling passengers I’m on about environment sounds food, maybe costs… just something other than an empty aeroplane because when I push back I feel like a big step is missing.

I‘d quite like such a feature as well, if possible with an avatar mode. I‘d be fun to walk to the plane, do the walk around, board it and enter the cockpit. And to actually see the passengers boarding the plane through the jetways or coming off the bus and climb the stairs.

2 Likes

Will we get unruly passengers refusing to wear masks and yelling at the flight attendants? How about patrol cars at the gate to arrest them when we arrive.

2 Likes

i also use pacx , but i think the passengers get too little to drink or eat in a flight… they only go around once on a flight of ±4 to 5 hours … you should be able to set that going around more, and whether passengers have more action in the sense that they get sick…I’ve been using it since the release of Msfs 2020 and I fly very often and long flights, and it has only happened to me once that a passenger got sick at all this time

1 Like

All you need is sounds and maybe a cut scene showing passengers boarding/disembarking whatever plane you are flying at whatever airport you start and finish at.

It’s only for immersion. The actual trip could just have sounds and weight.

We need gsx back for at least external boarding animations.

Well I fly for real and haven’t had a passenger get sick yet (surprising considering the slop they make available for purchase :rofl: - perhaps that’s saved them, they have to buy it!)

1 Like

I’m using the “Drunken Football Thug” add-on and it does a really great job. The animated blood, vomit and urine is truly first class. Worth looking into!

That sounds like a great game, but it’s not really in the scope of flight simulators, which are really about the flying - that is, they’re probably more accurately called “pilot simulators.” What you’re describing - dealing with costs and booking and so on - sounds to me more like a management sim, like an Airline Tycoon or something. Which nobody’s ever done as far as I know and they probably should. But, no, I generally wouldn’t care for it in this game.

EDIT: So this is what I get for replying without googling. There literally WAS an Airline Tycoon released 20 years ago. I’ll bet the concept’s still due for an update though.