[Issue solved] 4simmer liveries

Update : conversation is going on between me and 4simmers, hopefully on constructive side. After I am done with conversation, I will update the thread. Currently, our target is solving issues, not removing pack from marketplace

Update2 : so far, based on a conversation between me and 4simmers, it is found that 3rd party artist was fooling both me and 4simmers, delivering stolen images to 4simmers and pretending as his own creation. We are undergoing a contract, and if it ends well, livery packs will be reuploaded.

Update3 : The contract is made between me and 4Simmers, and I am working on adjusting my liveries to fit in the livery pack. Thank you 4Simmers for the quick response and will to solve the issue, and thank you FS community for all of your support!

57 Likes

To avoid this situation the best is to include a license in your download that you can use to claim in case someone uses your content without your permission. If not you are sharing it without restrictions. I hope the situation is solved soon.

Anyway remember 4.7 too to understand the whole picture of what you agree to do once you start sharing (this one is usually forgotten by most users):

Freeware became a real business many years ago and most people tend to forget it.

Cheers

1 Like

Some people just love to steal your work. Fight them on every front.

7 Likes

Flightsim.to - which is the only place I upload to - lets you chose the license options while uploading and displays them on the page with each mod. So there should be no confusion. The standard settings clearly forbid reuploading and usage.

11 Likes

Earn easy money,

without much work and with use of other person work is also in case of not included licence terms quite frequent. Some one other can say, why not? Really sad about that…

1 Like

I know, but it´s better to include a license file inside the zip as well, because what you distribute is the zip at the end. That way you can keep your conditions also in the event of the file being shared elsewhere and still claim.

Cheers

2 Likes

I understand your term, however, unfortunately, including license file cannot prevent livery theft, since thief just needs to dig into files and take dds files inside them, edit them a bit and claim them as their own .
If we can also encrypt livery with fsarchive format just like contents on MSFS marketplace, that might do the work but for now, it is not technically possible.

1 Like

Talented artists like yourself have been creating liveries as freeware for as long as FS has existed.

Now with the marketplace and Xbox the all mighty dollar has taken hold and the users there are conditioned to buy DLC this, skin that. It’s easy money. Even if they had created it themselves. I hate it.

I hope for your, but really for all out sakes that MS comes down hard on this.

2 Likes

As someone who has made liveries, I know how difficult it is to make liveries. So, I strongly agree that it would be very wrong to steal these liveries, especially more. Even selling them for a fee is really really wrong. If this is true, I think prevention and punishment are necessary.

1 Like

I protest against the term “kiddies”. On Xbox, we don’t have a choice. We don’t have free liveries. 4simmers were the first to bring liveries for Xbox on the Marketplace.

However, when they stole your designs, appropriate action is neccesary.

7 Likes

I have edited my post as per you’re request, I don’t want to derail the thread and keep the focus on the issue at hand.

1 Like

I also wanted to share my liveries(of course free of charge) to xbox users, so I applied to MSFS marketplace with my portfolio, but they just ignored my application(it’s been almost 3 months since my application if my memory is correct).
Instead, they give permission to 4simmers lol

9 Likes

which we will refer to in the future as “4scammers” :wink: :wink: :wink:

6 Likes

I don’t blame you man. I really appreciate your action of making it free of charge for Xbox users. I think MSFS want to make money, they get a cut of 30% on every markteplace item sold.

However, i think in the near future there will also bee a free of charge catagory in the Marketplace…

1 Like

They will delay, delay, delay this. And push it back. And then limit it only to ground textures. And then for technical reasons be in closed beta. And then push back after the holidays.

With ever more excuses.

Maybe they really do want to do it, but there is large pressure not to do it, both internally but probably mostly from 3rd parties. Same with this long touted “scenery gateway”.

4 Likes

That’s sad. I’ve always loved your liveries and your pack for the A32NX is still hard to beat until this day imo. I remember you stopped posting for a while because of this issue. Don’t let this stop you, protect yourself in advance and start creating again because your work is ace.

1 Like

Getting a Marketplace store can now take up to a year apparently, so it’s quite a wait. I also am not sure the MP are allowing freeware - I sent them my freeware 1980s NAS Miramar late last summer but it was never processed or put on the store.

I do hope that they change this though. Freeware is such an important part of the industry - it’s where most developers like myself started, and learned how to build airplanes for flight simulation.

12 Likes

Good morning, we received this complaint recently and we are checking everything!
Our artists are 3rd party artists and we have already asked Microsoft to remove ANY content until FULL verification.

9 Likes

I think the community as a whole will welcome a robust response to this, and thank you for popping up in this thread.

6 Likes

The downside will be, if true, Xbox simmers will lack the opportunity to use liveries in the future as long as MSFS refuse to add a free Marketplace section…

1 Like