Issue with custom cameras order

The setup:
I created a few custom cameras for an aircraft using CTRL+ALT+#. I checked that they are all saved and can be loaded from the assigned number (ALT+#). I assigned a button in my joystick to load camera 0, which is the main view. Then I assigned the next and previous custom camera commands to two other buttons in the joystick.

The issue:
I was expecting that using the next and previous camera commands I would be able to browse through the custom cameras in the number order, i.e. 0->1->2->…->9->0, forward, backward, and around. However, this is not what happens with some of the cameras. They change the order of browsing every time I save a new camera, although the views are still in the right numbers. How can this happen? Is there some other logic for the order of browsing that I don’t understand?

Note:
Two positions are empty (5 and 6). These positions are naturally skipped when using the next and previous commands, which is nice. However, could this be the reason for the issue? If it is, is it by design or is it a bug? I’d prefer not to have to create views that I don’t need just to make the next and previous commands work.

I have the exact same issue, which is a bit annoying as the default Fenix instrument views are horrible so I set up my own with a logical order. After changing one of them though, the order in which the next button takes them is wrong.

Having this as well. Using the Fenix A320. Basically I set up the cameras like these:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

But when I use the “Load Next Custom Camera” bound to my joystick (or on keyboard), the order then goes like this…

1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 3

On every startup, it changes the order, it seems, even if the Alt- have not changed.

1 2 4 9 8 6 7 5 0 3

If it helps. Doesn’t make any sense

@DrooBloo19

I was having this same issue, and at the end I discovered that the internal order for MSFS cameras is not related to the numbers, it is related to the order they have been asigned. So, to follow your desired order, you need to load the cameras and save it in the same position but following your desired order:

Alt + 0 to load the camera
Alt + Ctrl + 0 to save it

Alt + 1 to load the camera
Alt + Ctrl + 1 to save it

Alt + 2 to load the camera
Alt + Ctrl + 2 to save it

Alt + 3 to load the camera
Alt + Ctrl + 3 to save it
Alt + 9 to load the camera
Alt + Ctrl + 9 to save it

After doing this, you will have your cameras in the correct order

To summarize: the last camera you saved is what MSFS considers it has to load it as “Load previous camera”

1 Like

Eureka! A hassle to load and save the camera every time, but now I better understand the custom camera system. Thank you!

I also had this issue. Found your solution here and it worked… It showed the custom camera views in the order I expected by toggling “load next custom camera”… UNTIL I restarted the sim and the order changed again. (the last two views were swapped)
Any idea why this might be reverting? BTW, This is on XBOX X.