Issue with graphic card

what I read in the other topic is, that users mention to lower the settings extremly ( because VRAM usage ). I’am not so sure about, but because my 2080TI have 11G VRAM, it is may be a difference ( also if I not assume that the installer needs lots of VRAM :rofl: ). But may be its worth to test with medium or high , just not ultra ( but not sure about the result ).

video card stability test result after 60 mins, no issues
Screenshot 2022-09-26 175506

benchmark with same tool

the idea was to eliminate any hardware issue for the video card itself if i understand well

1 Like

yes.

So,… we running slowly out of ideas :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

May be, its like a driver thing or there is realy a strange bug which only affects some users as unknown reason. I sit in my plane, chat in parallel , all near 4K with a 2080TI… and not getting that problem.

To be sure… the RAM xmp mode you already had disabled for a test ? ( the last guesses, you know :rofl: )

and… win11 is near vanilla, or ?.. no additional programm installed ?.. I remember the capture one issue, where we realy need long time to find these sideeffect :rofl:

Yes MSFS is fully vanilla, just installed and testing on the basic, no addson

and Windows also, just MSFS now

but i applied your remark about nvidia settings, i removed anything except the high perf setting, and did a new trial, still Ultra on everything…

at least loads are low now, 25% for both CPU and GPU and 6.3Gb / 8 Gb for dedicated memory of GPU

Pyrenées are below me now, so thats a first step… if it should crash it should be soon, but no bad up to now

edit : now LEDA or LLeida or Lerida, the mediterranea is in sight

edit bis : and now Ibiza, so i think i never went so far away

1 Like

4 me 2 :wink:

Different parts of computer hardware, CPU, mobo (+ bios settings),ram, OS (W10/W11) and settings, GPU, drivers and settings (NCP), game settings etc.

1 Like

So…

Now i am somewhere above Sahara, no indication on any map, but when i reach Niamey i will tell you !

And if i reach Johannesburg then i will validate my changes ! :grinning:

So, in summary what have i done to get rid f this error :grinning:

• reinstall a brand new Windows 11 but deleting all previous files

• reinstall a brand new MSFS (with 3 same errors during download of all files !)

• do cleanup of nvidia driver with the nvidia tool

• reinstall the Game Ready last driver

• I didn’t change any settings in 3D for MSFS, all default

And i launch my flight with :grinning:

And it last since now about 3 hrs ? and still flying… far better than before !

My idea on the causes : since i started with MSFS, last year, mays be around SU1 or SU2, i didi as everybody, each time i was seeing a post here saying : i have found the miraculous solution to get more FPS, satibility etc… all things we all struggle with MSFS, i applied the supposed solution, registry, additional components, programs, etc… So many changes to MSFS and mainly Windows that at the end its totally corrupted by all these changes, each one can be ok for one SUxx but not ok for the following SUxx+1, and at the end nothing works !

Maybe a full reset can be a good option.

At least here it seems to be a good one for me.

4 Likes

next step should be VR again… :cold_face:

Gpu usage only 25%? - check refresh rate via NCP (nvidia control panel).

For testing purpose select highest available refresh rate and save changes (apply).

They are fishing for the cause of the problem. There is nothing that indicates a problem with the Windows file system. Things can get messed up in Windows but SFC /scannow is becoming the “go-to” troubleshooting step much like doing a disk reorg from a few Windows versions ago.

The problem with some of these troubleshooting steps is that there is no “next step” if SFC fails. Presumably it fixes errors it finds. I have had SFC fail because one of the dlls SFC uses was broken. So it couldn’t find or fix the broken file.

Understand each troubleshooting step, what it does, and what the next step is.

Ah i don’t have any other choice than 60hz
But yes, my screen is not a top level !
When i will try again VR maybe i will have some other surprises… :cold_face:

for now its that

sooooo…

for normal flight, non VR, it seems ok

but for VR… i have the same issue immediately, impossible to fly…

so i go back to driver version -1, 516.59, hoping it will be ok

edit : same error ! trying 516.40

these 25% load, was this all the time in your non-VR-test ? The temp match with that low gpu load, but hmmm… you can try to remove the Vsync:50% setting in Non-VR and try again. And also try the Quality mode of DLSS.

May be in VR is the load now much higher and therefore the issue come back… ( a guess )

And why show your Taskmanager no gpu driver-Informations, is this a new win11 feature :thinking: :rofl:

Yes load was staying really constant 20/25% for both CPU and GPU
Yes also for the removal of 50% Vsync, i think there is space for that
Why Quality mode of DLSS ? I was with Ultra-performance, should be better than Quality ?
But if the load increase then i could reach again the issue maybe…

In VR yes, the load goes to 100% mainly for CPU for quite long periods, so i lowered the settings but even lowered i got the issue very quickly

For Task Manager i don’t know… its the one from W11, they improve everything you know :smile:

and with 516.40 i still have the error in VR very fastly… not good !!!

Hey, i’m nearly in the same situation as BravoMike472413.
I get this error most time just before landing (1-2h flight). With SU9 it was a CTD, with SU 10 freezing sim with this errorbox. In the Eventmanager always the “nvlddmkm” error… I fly with a 2080super in VR on Win 10 with medium settings. Running the studiodriver but had the same error with other drivers before. I try’d a lot in the last weeks - nothing helps. Have 15fps VR at the gate and 30 in the air. It sucks…

1 Like

ähmmm… the image quality :relaxed:

Also in “Quality” is DLSS not as good as without DLSS, at least for my eyes.

VR I cant say much, I havent a VR glass. I know it makes sometimes trouble, but because it was former in 2D too, I assume its still the same problem you had former. Therefore we must try to bring the load to near 100% … Which TLOD settings you have ?.. go not higher than 190, better for test is 100, then your cpu not limit the gpu.

EDIT: had you former connected your VR device with the PC ?

ahh sorry, u mean for me eyes ? difference between DLSS and not DLSS ?

For Vr i tried with these seetings, so TLOD 100

which are very basic settings

And yes, i did a lot VR, i have a Quest 2 headset with Oculus software, and even connecter either cable or Wifi i was able to get very good results, but each SUxx has brought so many changes in + or - that its impossible to get the same level after each update

But VR is really something different, i have my Private Pilot licence, not flying anymore, but in VR u get the same feelings or very close to what u feel inside the real cockpit.
Two major differences :smile:

• u see around u just by looking where u want, so all cockpit is there, u are really inside, u can manage all buttons with the mouse, no need for complex joystick with many buttons
  • u feel the correct glide for landing far more easily than on flat screen, u get the real glide by eye
    Very different and closer to reality

But… so many ressources need… so not easy at all…

And here with 516.40 driver i got the message after 5 mins of flight… so i will come back to last one…

ohhhh but there is a new one 517.48 from today !!! as game ready ! trying !

oh… I remember some topics about that… also where users had this connected to the pc and getting issues. The VR software and/or the driver caused lots of issues for some users.

And yes, I mean “Quality” DLSS is far better than “Performance” mode in point of “how it looks”. But VR explain why you choose DLSS-Performance Setting :slight_smile:

But if you fly in 2D , we need to max the load on your GPU to test whether possible this cause the issue. So, then you can test with the TAA setting and try again a higher preset.
And: “OFF SCREEN TERRAIN PRE-CACHING” is in 99.9% the best choice to set it on ULTRA.

Because the " 5 min" it seens there is again a timeing factor when the issue occurs: I not know , but I not 100% away from thinking about a possible system-issue which can cause that. But of course… if its only happen in VR, then driver stuff comes on top on list of possible reasons.

so, no, not only in VR, now i have the latest driver from today, 517.48, tried a flight 2D same settings except DX12 and got 2 times the error, will come back to DX11 as yesterday.

edit : but msfs is a very strange program, i got 2 errors, 1st one i noticed a huge 100% load during the startup phase, unusual, and i crashed before flying. On the second trial, no huge load during startup, as always, and i was able to fly, not long but this startup phase was very different !

edit bis : normal flight now with DX11… but was strange to get always this same message for each crash !

hmmm… my guess it have still somewhat to do with the systemload. But, its hard to say, can be wrong :slight_smile:

Different startup was after driver-install? may be he computed some shaders new, who knows.

I have no other idea… we tried nearly all, new clean win install which removes all former settings ( heopfelly ) , new game install, new drivers and reset of setttings, no special devices connected to the pc, etc etc.

So far I understood it worked till now only fine, where you played with a very low setting and your system load was so very low. On the way “per remote analyse” this bring me allways back to a system issue. But if I see the reports from the other users too, I dont know…

Its realy similar to these “memory could not read” issue. Most of the users never see that and some users get it allways :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

yes, and now i got it, my flight was going but when i cam to see the small window was there, no specific load… but crashed…

that’s tiring…

nvidia support was talking about warranty… asking for the bill of my card… i sent it… don’t know if it could be a real hardware issue… or not… or somewhere else, mainboard… really painfull

but thanks for all your follow up and help , thats really helpfull, i would have stopped well before otherwise… but here i start being a bit tired

1 Like