Issues setting up Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant

cant find this folder, seems whatever i do cant get it to appear

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\a32nx\work

You need to install the Custom FBW version from the link I provided. You can’t use the A32NX Downloader for this, because you can only install either the Stable version or the Dev version. Both of which will not give you the throttle file in the separate folder. You have to install the Custom FBW version. So if you do have the version from the downloader, delete the mod from the community folder, then manually install the Custom FBW version from the link.

You need to do a factory calibration of your throttle quadrant.

1. Make sure you already installed the driver and do a firmware upgrade to the latest firmware of 1.61
  2. Follow the instructions here: TCA_Quadrant-Throttle_Calibration.pdf (thrustmaster.com)
  3. Or watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVI6fy5wzn0

Once they’re properly calibrated, they should be perfectly lined up at 89% thrust on the CL detents.

Thanks. I’ll do it

A big thanks to NEO4316.
Used all your detailed instructions and the TCA throttle quadrant works perfect.
Thanks and Merry Christmas

Hello !

may you share please with me how I can get mine to work 100% ?

Awesome. Finally getting it right. Thanks for all your time you’ve spend finding this setting.

Is there anybody who find the right setting for the ENG switches? (May have missed it in this topic, than sorry) I’ve used the default config and only removed the axis (flaps e.d.) I don’t have right now. But the engines don’t fire up. I have to click them in the sim according to start. Glad the mode nob finally works right.

If you read NEO4316 detailed description 308/328 and also 322/328 you will be able to get the TCA throttles to work perfect.
Additionally all engine switches (Cut Off and Mode Select) are working.

hello thanks for your help and advice , i really think without folk like yourself id have given up months ago and unistalled what really is a wonderful sim.
one we question ive seem to have hit a snag i followed all your instructions but on landing reverse thrusters just are not working and engaging …can you point me in what ive missed …

cheers
harry

DELETED by member

I think in the video the last point is missing at the calibration. After the idle Process you have to to the same at reverse and push the two red dots. Beat is to check it after the calibration under the configuration in windows if the virtuell buttons are set on every step (without idle I think).

Merry Christmas, frohe Weihnachten and thanks for the help. You guys had helped and are helping many people, me too.

I just noticed that C172 rpm doesn’t get above 2450 and is short of the 3000 max with the new settings. Anyone else experience that?

According to pdf from TM idle is last position to press red dots and then press both black buttons.

hi as a wee follow up I uninstalled the flybe wire version and tried and with the default a320 revers thrust works…

im about to reinstall the flyby wire version as detailed above to see if the reverse thrusters work or not…

thanks again and a merry Christmas and a safe peaceful one to everyone , I know that this sim has received pelters since its launch from some folk but I truly think that the time I’ve spent engaging with it and learning from these forums has helped keep me sane in what has been a terrible year. so for that cheers asobo and microsoft and thrustmaster in fact in the words of tiny tim …god bless everyone.

1 Like

At my pdf the reverse is the last position. You should lift the two black parts. Give it a try.

Best is to watch the youtube video that is linked in the TM Set UP pdf. You will understand how to factory calibrate the TCA throttle quadrant.

My stick/throttle problems resolved by updating firmware to v1.61. I wasn’t able to download this from TM support page as that only got me v1.53 and doing it from Windows game controller app didn’t work either. The way I was able to do it is as follows:

• Click Windows button lower left of screen
  • Find the folder “Thrustmaster TM Flight Series”
  • Second line is “Firmware Update”
  • Click and follow instructions.
  • Disconnect TH gear until update is completed then reconnect and reboot pc.

This solved uneven throttle in idle position. Plane also seems to be tracking correctly on autopilot rather then 1-2 miles off. I’m also using the custom FBW (not stable or development) and the process/settings recommended by Neo4316 on 12/23.

When flying other planes (e.g. C172) you may not have the full movement range of the throttle. For me idle was about the CL dedent, full power all the way up. So that’s about ½ total throttle range of movement with the Airbus from idle to full. Just something to get used to.

1 Like

If you want to fly with other planes, it’s best to create a separate profile for the quadrant and change your Neutral point in the sensitivity settings.

I think the TM made the guide incorrectly, I also had some issues with the calibration when following the TM instructions to the letter. The two buttons need to be pressed at all detents to be properly calibrated. the TM instruction is missing one step. (the IDLE was missing in the original PDF version, now the Reverse is missing in the revised PDF version and video).

So basically you have to press the red side buttons on full TOGA, MCT, CL, IDLE, and REV detents. So you need to press them 5x during the calibration process, then continue the process to save the calibration.

This also solves the weird jumping between IDLE to REV that I had it occuring previously.

There are two possibilities here:

1. You need to make sure the throttle is bound to Throttle Axis (0 - 100%) not the normal Throttle Axis. By default, this should already be the case.
  2. You need to make sure the sensitivity is reset to everything 0. Except for the reactivity which should be 100%. Check my screenshot in my post above on what it should look like. This is to make sure everything is neutral and linear so the IDLE to REV point is set correctly.
  3. Check on the throttle ini file again, make sure you copy and paste the whole thing, especially that the ReverseOnAxis = true this is required to get the reversers working.

If you want to check, don’t check it on the landing. Check it when you’re at the gate. Make sure all the throttle controls are working properly.