It started in California

and it was one of those flights I just kept wanting to fly… So, I started at a place called Tracy - just the other side of the mountains near Oakland - and I went north to Redding and then after almost landing at the wrong airport, I took off north again and ended up at Medford. so, some pics of all that:

here’s the airport I meant to land at

and a Redding overview

and then on north again

one thing that just continually amazes me about this new sim is well the trees and bushes are placed so much of the time - especially in areas with good aerial imagery.

4 Likes

Nice Pictures. :ok_hand:
Suggestion; Post also in ‘What did you do in MFS today?’ People there do like to hear of your flying Adventures. Whatever you do…Have Fun.

1 Like

The Central Valley (Modesto, just near Tracey) is my hometown. How was the Central Valley for you? It’s home to me lol

Also some of the best places to look for fog!

1 Like

Hi IndieGreg,
I flew the whole valley from Noth to South yesterday! Lot of fog, as you say, but where it cleared, what a sight! I was coming from Oregon after flying along the old Oregon Trail, from Independence. Flying the valley I like to imagine what the first explorers and settlers could have felt seeing such a beautiful and rich land! Despite big and small bugs, this Sim gives us unique opportunities. Like my yesterday landing. On Sacramento I headed West and then followed the coast to SFO, where teh weather cleared and gave me a wonderful sight on the Golden gate bridge and bay. So nice.

2 Likes