Italian Lakes & Mountains (Cessna 152)

Awesome scenery (especially this time of year with snow on the ground, but equally stunning with clear skies) and a tricky flight starting at an airfield altitude 4,000’+ then climbing quickly all the time to nearly 10,000’ to avoid surrounding peaks but navigating steep valleys to the destination.
I’ve only achieved this in the C152 because of runway shortness and my amateur flying knowledge so this may well be impossible in real life.

Starting at Cortina d’Ampezzo (disused) airfield (need to download from here Cortina d’Ampezzo Airport v1.0 - MSFS2020 Airports Mod (allflightmods.com) and spawn at rwy 36 (dont use the ICAO code as it is defunct, enter the airport name).
Objective is to take off and aim to fly West in direction of Bolzano airport LIPB but this will require visual routing to avoid peaks.
Once close to Bolzano you can turn South to aim for the top of Lake Garda, but you have to get in the correct valley to arrive at the northern shore as the Dolomite peaks are all around here. .
I then hug the west coast of the lake at this northern narrow end, descending to around 2,500’ to take in the views. ![Microsoft Flight Simulator 19_01_2021 10_52_59|690x388, 50%].
(upload://2dX81fuuJfvWLFRTBY9BlDRXrmV.jpeg) . When the lake opens up, I keeping hugging the West coast (left side as flying south) to take in the views of Garda, Lazise, Peschiera and Sirmione (downloadable content scenery available). Then head to the south for an east turn and approach to Verona airport (RWY 04 has ILS if desired)

1 Like