January 19, 2023 Development Update Discussion

And so is the FlyInside JetRanger helicopter. Two real goodies new to the marketplace!

Get rid of MSCENERY.

This dev makes Captain Sim or Bredok3D look like PMDG quality.

Got a new helicopter
but it’s from MSCENERY.

Won’t even get a dismissive glance from me.

14 Likes

Wait, wut?? Carenado actually updated something after they got paid? Will wonders never cease. They promised me that VR-Zoom would be functional “in a few weeks” way the hell back in 2020. Last I checked, still not done. Except, oddly, for the Seminole. But I think that was dumb luck, not something they did on purpose.

2 Likes

+1000. Their product is junk. They move a few buildings around, put up some signs (in at least one case, signs that don’t exist IRL), call it a day and then sell it for stupid prices. But just being in the marketplace gives them implied credibility, because most people expect MS to screen those they let in, which is clearly not the case.

That is a problem that needs to be addressed.

13 Likes

Yes, such a great plane for such a great price. It’s a real shame that it got snubbed in the development update. It really would have deserved the attention with the possible sales boost that might come with it.

And we are at 6 weeks now, since the Wilga was released into the wild. Yet no sign of her on the market place. Just to reiterate: the publishing time on most flight simming online shops is a couple of days, often within 24 hours.

3 Likes

I would like to see a study-level Porsche 911 GT3 as well as an Ferrari 488 GT3.
Maybe a Fiat 500 would fit as well.

3 Likes

There’s no doubt that the market place needs significant improvements - it would benefit everyone if some attention was given to this in 2023.

1. Releases staggered - no reason to constrain releases to Thursdays only - and in fact we’ve seen this happen with aircraft from time to time so no reason why this shouldn’t become the normal

2. release dates provided to the devs when they submit - it should be relatively easy for a predicted date to be provided which devs could pass on to the community - yes there may be occasions where there’s a delay but that can always be handled. MP could also publish an upcoming release schedule so users can see what’s coming and when.

3. whilst there’s no easy way for MS to evaluate the quality of MP products there should be an overall ranking ( in terms of user review score) view so users can pick the products with best revies scores. - this should be split into Xbox and PC categories

4. checks to make sure products work on Xbox - too many instances today of scenery causing CTD on Xbox

These are all improvements thst could improve MP for all of us - I’m sure there are a lot of other ideas out there, these are just a few suggestions which I think would make a big difference

15 Likes

This is one situation where it is cheaper to buy on the marketplace. 9.99 USD vs 18.51 USD. Maybe the lack of guns is the cause for the price difference.

I’m pleasantly surprised. The PC-12 didn’t murder my framerate or CTD my Xbox after the Update!:scream:

I’m still gonna hold out for SimWorksStudios’ version though.

1 Like

Hold up?! I’m screaming right now. I made it “front page news”! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Next Marketplace update I will spend no money on purchases. Thanks.

3 Likes

(cough)Google imagery in screenshots(/cough)

Just fed up of seeing yet another Night Lighting add-on every darn week. Often that along with some similarly obscure uninteresting effortless money grab constitutes all the few Xbox releases until the following week’s disappointment

*Your mileage may vary

Afterthought, maybe they can allow us to set up a rule much akin to my email’s spam folder. Doubt that would be commercially acceptable to their clients though

12 Likes

still no roadmap / wishlist tally

18 Likes

You know what’s even better than no update on WASM on Xbox? PMDG’s 737 coming to the Marketplace. For PC only :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Hello @capndavey1,

WASM for Xbox is currently slated for release with SU12 in March. We have provided several updates about this important upcoming feature, including in last week’s Dev Update blog post.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

3 Likes

“A new Development Roadmap and Feedback Snapshot will be available in an upcoming Development Update.”

Just like every update this year.

2 Likes

They’ve really been phoning it in for many weeks now. I understand the lull over the holidays, but it’s late January and still no actual feedback reports.

8 Likes

Can we expect an update to the marketplace to fix the abusive practices of some 3rd party developers?

12 Likes

Hello @Tree881817,

Can you please be more specific about what you mean by “abusive practices”?

Thanks,
MSFS Team