January 31: Fenix A320 moving into beta with stunning video!

Just putting the word out!

https://fenixsim.com/2022/01/31/fenix-a320-destination-beta/

2 Likes

These graphics are just bizarre, never seen anything like it

3 Likes

Wonderful news! I know they will still have more work to sort out, but I’m ready for MSFS to prove itself capable of providing enjoyment in a complex commercial jet aircraft. Beta is a great step, but I’ll have to do my breathing exercises to remain calm and not get too hyped since I know it will still take some time to release :grin:

1 Like

WOW! Beta already, I thought there silence was a bad sign. This is amazing both PMDG and FENIX seem to be making progress, hopefully SU8 - the bug fix will provide a truly stable platform for there complex addons. My personal guess is that PMDG will still release first but if both betas go well I don’t think there will be a massive gap between them both. Very positive news :+1: :grinning: :airplane:

1 Like

I want it!
I want it!
I WANT IT!

Seriously:

I WANT IT!

3 Likes

Serious question. Any idea what this will offer over the FBW A32NX?

I mainly fly GA but occasionally like to use the FBW - just because I like all the startup procedure :crazy_face:

Well you can check out their videos on the development process. Many of 'm are about an hour and cover the extreme depths to what they have covered.

They claimed to even have measured suitcases in the cargobay to calculate how leather and metal (of suitcases) respond to the drop in temperatures there; as to simulate the cargobay temperature indicator. …That sounds representative for the rest of their simluated sensors. I’d say it might very well be beyond what was formerly known as ‘studylevel’.

3 Likes

As far as I´m concerned, I will be using both, the A32NX and the Fenix.

I´m not going to need all the advanced failure modes of the Fenix, for me an aircraft complex enough to be able to do the normal procedures as per the FCOM, is more than enough. A32NX will get there.

When I fly, I go to Flight Radar 24, and choose a real world flight in Europe (usually to or from Spain, my country). I look for a real flight plan for that route, create it in Simbrief, and fly it myself in the A32NX with navigraph charts (too bad I can´t use IVAO, my english is not good enough).

Some flights, even in the same route, are operated sometimes by CEOs, and sometimes by NEOs, so, for me they are two different aircraft, and will be using both.

Really looking forward for this plane. And when the Milvitz ATR-72 is ready, I´m going to be in sumulation heaven, flying from continental Europe to the Canary Islands in the A320´s, and then among the islands with the ATR.

Great times coming ahead…

5 Likes

I recently took the A320NX from London Luton to Tenerife Sur. Only because I flew there as a passenger last month!

Now planning a GA circuit around Tenerife following the places I visited during my cycling trip. Looove Spain :grinning:

3 Likes

My computer will go through such extreme hardware upgrades when this Fenix Airbus is released that the chances are very high she will not only become fully conscious and aware but also passing the Turing test…

Only a machine alive and aware is worthy of this Airbus.

Big fan of Tenerife.

I’ve flown to GCTS in the sim a lot and also around the island in the A5 in VR. Its amazing how close it is to the actual location.

This aircraft, the Fenix, looks absolutely stunning, have you seen the most recent screenshot of the sun catching the engine and the light leaking through? it is so good, cannot wait for this aircraft in the sim. Instant buy for sure.

1 Like

I’m off there again today - in real life :smiley:

1 Like