January 4th, 2024 Development Update Blog Discussion

Until they fix what they broke in SU14 with 3rd party scenery(particularly ones with animated items), I’m not buying anything new. It’s like a mini-SU9 again, which had the same problem only much worse. I wish developers wouldn’t do that anyway. A few moving tiny sprites seems to tax the system like it was a 10GB airport. 14 completely wrecked a perfectly fine Las Vegas.

3 Likes

It doesn’t work as it should but I dont see why it couldn’t be fixed. It’s not like MS is lacking dev resources :D. Chewy here might think I am a PTA but my whole point is that I want to be a good customer here they just make it harder than it should be.

Hello @DreamsurferSWE,

Here is a screenshot of my Content Manager showing the new version of Cloudsurf Singapore WSSS available. Just like my colleague @Chewwy94, I am not using any special internal build or test segment; I have the same public build installed just like everyone else.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

Definitely slow depressing start to the new year. Really hoping that they fix the issues resolving clouds above fl240 and atc (which are the main 2 issues currently)

If I understand correctly, your screenshot shows the product as Community, which means it was not installed from marketplace. Perhaps you moved the folder yourself?

I was getting all anxious waiting for the next MScenery release, but thank god… All is well with the world, they continue to bless us with sim goodness. :wink:

10 Likes

You’re right. He might have moved it manually from the official folder to the community folder in order to use the Add-ons linker app.
Just move back the file to the official folder and restart the sim. Update should show up.

I love how the MScenery guy seemingly knows so little about actual aircraft that he bought a fantasy YF-23 3D model to convert for the sim instead of one based on the actual aircraft.

3 Likes

Buy a royalty free model for 55 bucks, import it into MSFS, add a default cockpit and sell it for 15 bucks a time on the marketplace. Sounds like there could be a business opportunity there for someone?

1 Like

I believe there are a few someones who have been taking advantage of that business opportunity for a while. Unless I’m mistaken and Garmin has started offering their GPS systems to military aircraft producers as MFDs.

2 Likes

I bought that tree size add-on this week and on XBOX holy cow what a difference. Seems like LOD is also more than double for trees than before? Haven’t seen where it isn’t working great yet. Had to give up seasons, but so far so good. Cheap and small add.

I also can not believe that supercarrier works on xbox. Haven’t tried launching jets because it beats the crap out of the Wildcat(which has it’s own launch anyway). Just can’t fathom this actually working but it does!

He’s making it for people who don’t care. As far as I can tell, he’s got a pretty decent business model and is probably making more money than some of the devs that pay more attn to detail.