Japan update coming next week

22 Likes

My son (who lives in Tokyo) told me about this a couple of hours ago.

Great news. Apparently 5 full 3D cities, including Tokyo. Arriving 29th Sept.

13 Likes

Amazing, such great news!

4 Likes

Oh wow let’s go !

1 Like

So next week we get a world update, Aviators Club liveries & hotfixes for last patch :crossed_fingers:t2:
Well… at least the world update appears to be confirmed.
Better check my bandwidth.

4 Likes
24 Likes

wow nice! looking forward to world improvements

1 Like

Are the new cities already available on Bing Maps?

I’m really glad to see they hand modeled stuff like shrines, temples, castles etc.

2 Likes

That looks spectacular. New airports, new photogrammetry and new hand crafter landmarks. If we get that every 2 months, I will be very happy.

5 Likes

I think they’ve said every three months. But yeah, it will be great for sure.

3 Likes

And the funny thing is that there are still irrational haters who spend their days to bash this game and team.

In any other flight simulator content like this would cost us $200 in add-ons to say the least. If this is an indication of the level of the free updates and content we’re getting going forward the future certainly is bright.

As someone who loves Japan and basically lives there for three months a year for work (when travel isn’t restricted), I can’t wait.

28 Likes

Totally agreed! I think it’s very generous, they could easily let it be and let some 3rd party Devs do it as payware. Looking forward to it!

5 Likes

wouldn’t exactly call it ‘free’… we bought into this game knowing full well there will be world updates yes? hate to sound like some entitled nut but the game wasn’t exactly finished on release… just saying this is what we paid for. judging by the preview the quality is impressive - now if this update crosses out some bugs without introducing new ones that would be the icing on the cake.

9 Likes

Those Breakwaters at the end of the video. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely splendid. Gorgeous work.

1 Like

I would honestly prefer to see the core engine optimized, bugs (especially the major ones currently plaguing the sim) fixed, and basic functionality we’re expect in a flight sim focused on rather than adding new content and scenery.

I’m glad to get new stuff, but I think focus needs to be on actually completing the game over giving us new toys. New toys don’t really amount to much if they roof of the house is collapsing.

10 Likes

This is one of the worst examples of disingenuous negative spin I’ve seen in a long time.

It’s a completely free update with plenty of content that in every other sim you’d have to pay for, and it wouldn’t be cheap. The fact that they have said before that this kind of update would come has absolutely no relevance to this fact.

It doesn’t matter if you “wouldn’t exactly call it ‘free’”. It is, and that’s pretty much an objective fact that can’t be disputed.

You should seriously be ashamed of yourself.

28 Likes

Looks great!

Cant fly a painting. Lets get this out of the early access program it is first by bug fixing then turn it into a picasso IMHO.

2 Likes