Japan update coming next week

Agree totally. Great congratulations to them

I am jazzed about this update! I have already flown some in Japan and was really enjoying the unique layout of the smaller villages in the countryside. Mt. Fuji Already looked awesome. I am really looking forward to flying around the interior mountains and general sightseeing.

I can’t wait to see what area gets the next map update!

Also, I am saddened to see people continually disrupt threads and derail them. I just hope some people follow through with their threats and self-report themselves for continually straying from topic and derailing the thread. There are other threads that are more appropriate for technical support and discussion of bugs that some here are determined to interject into every thread.

From the flight simulator forum code of conduct: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/guidelines

Non-Constructive Posts: Spamming, Trolling, or Topic Bumping
These forums are an excellent tool for us to collect feedback and keep up with issues that are important to the community. Being intentionally disruptive, derailing threads, creating threads meant to act as ‘votes’ or petitions instead of discussion points and creating posts or threads intended to cause unrest in the forums are not behaviors conducive to this goal.

This includes, but is not limited to, bumping threads (except for Multiplayer sessions), discussions that deviate from Microsoft Flight Simulator, and posting memetic images or phrases that add nothing to the discussion.

Now on to Japan!

4 Likes

You specifically mentioned and called out someone about not understanding “Software development practices”. I’m in turn saying you can’t tell me that Asobo is following the same software developement practices you mentioned.

I’m too lazy to find it now, so go ahead and edit it to “Scenery development”.

As for the testing, there’s no way you can tell me if you followed the standard checklist on the A320 as stated, that the bug with the engines will not be found. If it was not logged as a bug and triaged appropriately, that’s either because

1. The tester didn’t follow instructions and skimped on this duties
  2. This is called regression testing and they should have an internal build with the previous version to compare results. They would have found out that it was working before.
  3. overrode by management , which leads to them knowing about the bug

So you’re right. I was assuming that they did not test or knowingly released software. I didn’t include user error during testing. Still doesn’t look good.

I’ll concede this to you if you can tell me how this engine failure on the A320 could not be caught by the simple software development standard of manual regression testing a basic use case (i.e. following the checklist of the main airliner in the product).

edit: added reason 3: management override

And as you obviously don’t work for Asobo either, meet your friends on my mute list

The rest of the thread would have told you quite clearly that I was talking about scenery design, which is in topic, you changed subject to bug testing, which is not. I don’t need to edit anything.

We can stop here, because I already answered your question to my satisfaction (and yours is irrelevant to me), and you’re going increasingly off topic in your attempt to disingenuously play devil advocate.

There are already plenty of threads whining about bugs. Feel free to find one.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

I think it’s part of the AZURE thing, they will probably continue updating the world (mesh, cities and some airports, POI) for free

Never knew about airports, especially since there are some behind paywall. I do agree with mesh and cities.

Does anyone know what time i can expect the update to get online? I just know 29. but
 29. in japan or 29. in Los Angeles?

Not sure how accurate/reliable my research is, but the last twitter post notifying of the patch was at 10:03 AM · Sep 16, 2020. This was pacific (-8) time.

1 Like

Other updates came in the early afternoon American time.

1 Like

It seems to appear when it appears, without rhyme or reason.

1 Like

I’ll check it out. Thanks.

I think it comes at Kiribatitime :wink: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Any estimates about how big this new patch will be?

The second patch is 15 gb.

My experience with the TBM is that it banks sharply as soon as I release the joystick (my Thrustmaster is setup correctly in the Controls menu and has been used in several flight sims so it’s not that
). Also, when I disengage Autopilot it does severe altitude changes (and banks wildly again). I can certainly enjoy a VFR flight with it if I’m constantly applying pressure with the yoke/joystick but I can’t ever just cruise with it, which in past sims was not such a struggle. If you have solved these issues, I’m all ears.
As for the airliners, which I really enjoyed learning/flying in FS9/FSX, that’s a complete frustrating experience for now. I’m not expecting payware aircraft with this sim for now, just ones that handled as well as the older sims, even if not perfect

I can only think you have control assignment conflicts somehow. Do you have the honeycomb yoke? There is a known issue with this impacting on ptich trim and probably other issues, but is easily solved. Suggest you check all control assignments and make sure you’ve not got button assignments instead of axis assingments etc. Have you got the rudder centred?

A reminder to all, please stay on topic. This thread is about the Japan update coming next week.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to direct my comments just to you sorry @anon59477969, my comment was regarding people bashing Asobo for releasing a content update when it is plain to see they are still fixing the sim and this aspect is still a prioritisation for them because they really do care.

This is one thing I’ve been impressed with is how Asobo have picked up on community vibes, hence the feedback in the development update.

Has the japa update been releasd. Its 7pm in Australia on the 29th and i dont think it has updated but who knows.

2 Likes