Jitters at landing Charles de Gaulle Airport (LFPG)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Brief description of the issue:

whilst taxiing at Charles de Gaule the screen is shaking badly

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/6NPP8pkjclw

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

[1.36.2.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

What taxiway is this?

I can’t remember what runway this was anymore since the jitters where so heavy…

Can you see if it’s the same as this report?

Not really, this last message was about a plane colliding with something. I didn’t have this same message since i could continue to taxi, but the screen was shaking badly.

But i made some changes from now on
I changed DX12 to DX11.

1 Like

no

This is taxiway TE1
Tested with DX11 & DX12 and no jitters when moving around that taxiway

Hi @mercvrivs1760
Can you provide us with details of your CPU, GPU & driver version for the GPU? Thanks!

I have a 11600k Intel CPU, 32gig memory, RTX4070 and msfs is installed on a 500gig Crucial SSD GPU driver is 522.22 April 16, 2024

Moved to User Support Hub Scenery & Airports to get more feedback from the community if issue can be reproduced or not.

No

Spawned cold & dark far from taxiway TE1, so spent 5 minutes taxiing around the airport to get to the position shown by the OP & @DementedCorn327’s screenshot. No jittering or stuttering was observed.

Partial Specs & current settings:
Build: SU15B v1.37.17.0
3rd-Party Addons: None, Community Addons: None
i7-12700K (No overclocking or undervolting), 32 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 CL40, Intel Arc 770 (16GB, v31.0.101.5445).
Graphics Tab: Full Screen 3840 x 2160 TAA, Render resolution - 100, AMD Fidelity - 150, VSync - On, FRL - 33% MRR (120 Hz), HDR10 - On, DX12B, TLOD @ 400, OLD @ 200, Motion Blur - Off, Other settings - all Ultra (Water Waves & Glass Cockpit Refresh Rate @ High).
Data Tab: Data Connection: All six options - On, Data Limit - Off, Bandwidth - Unlimited, Rolling Cache - Off
Developers Tab: Developer Mode - Off
MSFS Version: MS-Store, Standard, plus All World & City Updates

@mercvrivs1760 ,
Hi! Thanks for that information. More questions for you to try & narrow down the cause:

• Do you see this jittering behavior at any other airports, or just LFPG?
  • At LFPG, does it occur all the time or just sometimes?
  • Does it occur anywhere at the airport or just in the vicinity of taxiway TE1?

I’m thinking that something - either other software or hardware - is competing to control the scene. You don’t mention what controllers you have, but you might try temporarily unplugging everything other than your mouse & keyboard and seeing if the condition persists. If it doesn’t, that indicates a conflict with one of your peripherals.
If it persists, that suggests a potential conflict with other software running, such a recording software, FPS overlays, etc. Since I don’t know what you are actually running, I’m speculating here…

[Edit 05/11]
Have a look at the YouTube video in this post & see if you think it is similar to your problem:

[End Edit]

I’d suggest that you - without resorting to reinstalling MSFS from scratch - trying to return as close to the original state of MSFS as you can, with as few other programs (MSFS-related or otherwise) running in the background, so as to eliminate from consideration as many other programs as possible.

It could be hardware related (CPU / GPU) but I’d like to eliminate other possibilities before focusing on possible hardware problems with your 11600K or 470.

• Do you see this jittering behavior at any other airports, or just LFPG?

Just at LFPG

• At LFPG, does it occur all the time or just sometimes?

Not sure. I only landed there once

• Does it occur anywhere at the airport or just in the vicinity of taxiway TE1?

Just at taxiway TE1

With re-installation of msfs i will loose all my achievements and flying hours.

I just watched a video on YouTube how to have msfs run much better. So i set the building and terrain to minimum. Hope this helps…

Hi @mercvrivs1760
That should not happen as long as you use the same Xbox account as your settings are stored on MS servers in the cloud.

Let us know if the problem persists at LFPG.

1 Like