Jourza - Random flight plan generator v1.5 (iOS)

Hey, I wanted to let you know about a utility I’ve made for iOS called Jourza. As someone who often struggles for inspiration about where to fly, I made Jourza to generate random flight plans.

Download on the App Store

You can put some constraints, such as range, time of day, and types of airports, and see where you end up. It’s free to use, and there is a premium version which also allows you to export flight plans in a bunch of formats, but otherwise you can manually plug the start/destination into your sim of choice.

This is still an early version but wanted to get it out there in case anyone finds it useful! :slightly_smiling_face: I plan to add more features, including:

• more curation options for saved flight plans
  • ability to set favourite airports (or regions) and roll random flight plans that start/end there

Would appreciate any feedback and suggestions for new features, thanks!

Changelog

Version 1.5 - June 3rd 2023

New features

Create flight plan within a region

You can now choose a region of the map, and your flight plan will be generated within that area.

Re-roll flight plans

If you’ve found an interesting airport, but not sure about the other part of your journey, or you just want to try somewhere now, you can re-roll your departure or arrival airport by tapping the dice icon.

Search for flight plans

Your previous flight plans can now be found by searching from the home screen.

Other changes

• Big update to airport database with 8621 new airports, and updates to existing airports. Updates to the airport database now happen in the background.
  • Tap maps in the flight plan view to open a full-screen map
  • Map waypoints update once a full flight plan is generated

Jourza is available for iPhone with iOS 16.0 or later, iPad with iPadOS 16.0 or later, or Mac computers with Apple silicon and macOS 13.0 or later.

Nice downloaded it👌

Hey! I wanted to let you know about some new features and fixes. Thanks to those who have given Jourza a try already :slight_smile:

Version 1.5 - June 3rd 2023

New features

Create flight plan within a region

You can now choose a region of the map, and your flight plan will be generated within that area.

Re-roll flight plans

If you’ve found an interesting airport, but not sure about the other part of your journey, or you just want to try somewhere now, you can re-roll your departure or arrival airport by tapping the dice icon.

Search for flight plans

Your previous flight plans can now be found by searching from the home screen.

Other changes

• Big update to airport database with 8621 new airports, and updates to existing airports. Updates to the airport database now happen in the background.
  • Tap maps in the flight plan view to open a full-screen map
  • Map waypoints update once a full flight plan is generated

Jourza is available for iPhone with iOS 16.0 or later, iPad with iPadOS 16.0 or later, or Mac computers with Apple silicon and macOS 13.0 or later.