Jumping grey walled border/artifacts on horizon in VR

Ok, updated it.

1 Like

Has anyone tried changing the Nvidia Control panel setting for Vsync to application controlled or off? I got reduced ghosting of the horizon with Vsync set to application controlled rather than my previous setting of fast.

This has been a clear and obvious issue since SU5, will it ever be fixed?

1 Like

And it seems to be even worse in SU10…
This was first introduced in SU5 and still not fixed.

And clouds are still not as good as they were in SU4.

VR is going downhill…

1 Like

Hi, this is not the issue that we are describing in this thread - the artifacts / grey wall we are describing appear on the horizon only and they are temporary, lasting a fraction of a second and normally when you rotate your head upwards (look up). You may not see them all the time as I believe they depend on cloud conditions, player altitude, and sun location.

Regarding your screenshot of a different problem (grey border at bottom of screen) I do remember occasionally getting similar borders at the bottom of the screen in my Quest 2 when I used Cable Link, but unfortunately I do not remember ever resolving it (I changed over to Virtual Desktop wireless as I found I got a sharper image and the image looked much nicer because it lets you reduce the gamma/brightness)

2 Likes

Fixed in Sim Update 12.

Re-opened for new feedback! If you are still experiencing this, please provide details on your setup and repro steps below. Thanks

Yes, I’m the original topic creater and it’s still occurring for me after SU12.

I have a completely new PC since initially reporting this bug so I think it’s not specific to my machine but a universal bug.

Current specs are 13900k, 4090, Windows 11, Quest Pro.

I think there has been some improvement for me since the release of SU12… however the issue is still very much present and not totally “fixed” at my end.

Specs: i5-9600k, 32 Gb RAM, 3060-ti, Windows 11, Oculus Rift CV1, DX11 using TAA.

It is most noticeable for me at higher altitudes >20000ft using live weather with definite cloud layers below me. It can be seen in clear sky conditions as well, however a layer of clouds at least a few thousand feet below me really do highlight the issue is still present. Any movement of my VR headset in the vertical axis (looking up and down) creates this very distracting artifacts effect.

Every gfx adjustment I have made at my end, with different settings, has resulted in me being unable to correct the issue. I have also experimented with different antialiasing settings and adjusting whether or not I am using asw in VR. None of this changes the artifacts still appearing.

1 Like

Thanks for reopening, I also still have the problem

One additional thing to add - I think it might be worse, or a least more visible, at lower frame rates?

Reverb G2, latest Nvidia drivers, Windows 11.

A very obvious bug in clear skies and far horizon (no mountains or such getting in the way), it’s like the Horizon itself is jumping up and down even I move my head.

I wish these VR bugs would get attention, they’re very old and in the case of VR usage they can be extremely immersion breaking much more so than on a flat screen.

2 Likes

I think our hopes for most of these bugs being fixed like with MSFS 2024.

Keeping the thread alive since I still have the same issue with SU15 beta.

HP Reverb G2
RTX 3090 with Nvidia 551.52 drivers
DX12
Windows 11

Yeah, it even got worse for me since SU15.
I recently beefed up my PC with AM5 and RTX 4000 Series Card.
Everything is running so smooth now, at at least 50FPS even in heavy scenery.

But this Bug is driving me crazy, and it got even more pronunced since I use ,Virtual Desktop’ with my Quest2.
Any Ideas on how that could be a factor?