June 22, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

13 Likes

Still no PMDG liveries

6 Likes

Reading over today’s post, I came away really impressed.

All of the updates, both sim and aircraft, and the new content plus the huge progress made on the Marketplace backlog has compelled me to send my heartfelt thanks and congratulations to all parties involved in making all of that happen!

I’m enjoying the sim so very much right now and I cannot wait until tomorrow’s Keynote.

Again, thank you for all this continued progress and dedication to this absolutely awesome platform.

I cannot wait for the future of the sim!

24 Likes

use_intake_density_on_mixture: Will use the post-boost density to compute mixture ratio instead of the ambient density, preventing leaning from being required until the critical altitude. (SU13)

YAYYYYYYY this will be a big improvement for turbo pistons, long desired by the community :smiley:

Third-party planes will have to update to use it once SU13 hits, so these changes shouldn’t affect backwards-compatibility for planes that have worked around the old turbo mixture behavior. Nice!

5 Likes

No FPS loss No CTD no white dot no line. Bredoc liveries causes problem mdu blank 747 other than that been flying the 747 for hours short hops I like this update.

1 Like

Obviously was a big week for the MSFS team- congrats all around and thank you!

My only question in this update is the “priority 1 aircraft” backlog
 Two weeks ago it was at 4, last week it was at 7, and now we’re at 8. I would think, and I could be wrong, that aircraft in the P1 category would be the most important of all categories (again, just a guess)

It would be great to get some understanding of what’s going on with these top priority aircraft? Thanks!

Hello @udubp13,

When a product shows up in the backlog table, it doesn’t mean that it is ready for release immediately and we’re choosing to just sit on it. It means it has been submitted to the Marketplace team and has entered the pipeline where it must now complete the steps necessary for Marketplace approval.

In this post, we described the process that a Marketplace product takes from initial submission to final approval and release to players. Some steps are completed by Microsoft, and some steps are completed by the add-on product’s developer. Products assigned to the P1 bucket receive top priority from our team and will be processed by us before products in the P2-4 buckets.

If a P1 product was submitted several weeks ago but has not yet been approved, the most likely reason is because it didn’t successfully complete all the steps in the process. When this happens, the developer must resolve the issue(s) and re-submit an updated version of their product.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

13 Likes

Famous Flyer 07?

3 Likes

I bought the dc-6 in November 2021 for Xbox. It’s 1 year 8 months later and i still can’t fly the plane i bought except with one livery. It’s pathetic.

4 Likes

Wow! Even more impressive stuff coming from Working Title fairly soon! Looking forward to seeing the improvements.
Additionally, a huge Thanks to both the FlightSimExpo and MS/Asobo folks for working out the details to get the keynote presentation streamed so those of us that can’t make it to the expo this year will be able to see the presentation.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Has anyone tested out the Autoland feature on the 787 and -47 yet? That was supposedly addressed in today’s update. I’m curious to find out because I never could get it to execute properly, despite multiple attempts–though some guy on YouTube did (successfully) demonstrate a full Autoland with the 787 even way before today’s update

Looking forward to trying this out tomorrow when I get back home, as I’m out on the road at the moment

I tested it today. CTD on Xbox just before wheels down, but it “worked”. Cat 3 showed up on the PFD and it flared right when it should. It would have been a butter landing if not for the CTD. Dreamliner 787.

1 Like

You do know it’s complicated because of the livery format They do for PMDG ops correct?! You can still fly with one liveru

1 Like

Too many unwanted night light sceneries clogging up the system; why are aircraft not prioritised? After all this is a flight simulator, not a scenery simulator.

6 Likes

That’s a big chunk of the 121 in cat. 4.
My hunch? As soon as they release mr. Night enhanced uploads 40 more. It’s an endless stream of over priced shovelware that, I suppose, many people are glad to pay 10 bucks for. Imagine: many people want to buy their own city to fly over at night, only because MSobo can’t make this realistic enough with their AI. That’s many 10 bucks. Actually a very smart business model, only to be respected. Ha!

Yeah, I guess people dont expect much for 10 bux and in that regard it delivers. But 60 bux
 well, you better deliver a complete professional level, no holds barred, world accurate Flight Simulator or else there will be hell to play.

3 Likes

Personality I think it’s another weak MP update, to much stuff , that if anyone buys will just bloat your sim
 1 livery, yes that poor for the 737,i don’t fly it until its up with the Bae 146. Folk complain about LFVR, but their A320 series are pretty good and I enjoy flying them, also they are working on simbrief for them! Maybe someone is holding to many cards to their chest on the livery front for 737.

Thank you Asobo/MS for the new development update. Fixing and adding things is an interesting and hard project. I know we users can be a tad demanding (spoiled teenagers), if I may) like. I have spent many many hours of enjoyment ‘flying’. As you know the more you improved the experience the more we users will demand. As a dedicated XBox X user I’m very very impressed with what you folk have been able to do. Again thank you.

dw

3 Likes

What was 06? I can’t remember.